PrintressDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy putting messages into Spam

I have now had 3 messages put into my Spam folder by Etsy that were requests from customers about specific listings. All 3 included links to my products. Why is Etsy doing this? I did not catch the first one with 24 hours, but luckily did the last 2. This is a bit unfair on the Star Seller front.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Etsy putting messages into Spam

This has been going on for a couple of weeks, all you can do is now check your spam at least once a day.

1 Like

Messages marked as spam do not count against you for star seller. Can you reply to them directly from the spam folder? 

It was probably the links that sent them directly to the spam folder. You'd think Etsy would allow links to your own listings (or any link within Etsy) but apparently not. 

0 Likes

Thanks to this post I went and checked my spam folder and found 2 messages that must have automatically been sent there, one is actually a spam msg but the other is a potential customer just asking a totally normal question from a couple days ago =/ they didn't have any links in their message either

0 Likes
ChantillyAvenue
Conversation Maker

I agree with @Adorabilities.  Links could have something to do with it.  However, the single issue I've had with this was a conversation tree with a customer about a ring, and yes, a link to it was included in the first message.  We messaged back and forth multiple times, and then one of her responses randomly went to my spam folder.  I think we need to tag some forum admins in these topics so we can be sure it is being forwarded to Etsy.

1 Like
nineteen27
Community Maker

mine had a link too.

i was able to respond from the spam folder.

@ModFabio 

if we move a message out of spam after 24 hours.

does it count against us for star seller?

i left mine in spam because i had no idea how long it had been there.

it just said it was in there since *yesterday*

but yesterday at what time?

2 Likes
ChantillyAvenue
Conversation Maker

@nineteen27 

I left mine in the spam folder too, and responded to it from there, with no effect on my message response rate.  Looks like it was sent there sometime yesterday.

1 Like

@nineteen27  - In another thread the OP mentioned they had removed the message from the spam folder & replied to it.

They did get a ding on their star seller stats since apparently the message there longer then 24 hours.

So like you say,  yesterday at what time?  could be the most important thing. 

2 Likes

Yes, just started happening to me too. Just mark is as Not Spam and respond. The good news about it being in Spam is that I don't believe it'll count against your Star Seller stats if you don't remember to check the Spam folder every day. 

0 Likes

Same thing happened to me.  The message contained a link (it was not spam).

0 Likes
BowToSternShop
Inspiration Seeker

I responded to a message in my spam folder just after the 24-hour mark, and it counted against my Star Seller message response rate. It was just a normal question about a listing with a link to it.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.