ViggianoJewelry
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy provides a return after 3 month damaged items. Is that fair for sellers?

Hello everybody,

Going to explain quickly... The customer bought the item 3 months ago,( the item was well conditioned, brand new, selling very well) probably the customer used it many times, we do not know the condition of its use. She contacted me first about the stone came out and I tried to help provide a partial refund to cover her damage. She prefers to open a case through Etsy and Etsy has been issued a full refund on my behalf without considering the situation for 3 MONTHS USED ITEM.

So in this case, I could get any product, use 3-4 months without care, If it is damaged I have the right to get a full refund....
Does that make sense ? I can give many sample like this and please explain me how etsy is right to provide full refund...

After experiencing a similar situation, in my opinion on this platform nobody cares about sellers..

Regards.
Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Etsy provides a return after 3 month damaged items. Is that fair for sellers?

customers can open a case through etsy up to 100 days from purchase, and up to 180 days through their credit card.

things have to be "fit for purpose", so if they have used it, it does not make it exempt from claiming.

The customer had to contact you through "purchase and reviews", and could only open a case, 48 hours after that, if you failed to come to a resolution with them.

If you don't sort it out with your customer in that time, etsy looks at the case, and decides if the customer is due a refund or not.

If etsy refunds, because they think the customer is due a refund, and you do not qualify for seller protection, etsy recoups from you.

for seller protection, you have to have legal return policies , in your policy section- 14 days, with another 14 to return, a legal gdpr policy, and your address, and e-mail address in sellers details, which you don't have

4 Likes

Re: Etsy provides a return after 3 month damaged items. Is that fair for sellers?

You didn't know that buyers could dispute transactions?

0 Likes

Yes they can, also depends on which country but doubt Etsy looks at all the countries and just refunds.

Normally though after a certain period you have to repair or replace the faulty product not instantly refund.

For example in the Netherlands

When you buy something, you are entitled to a functioning product. If the product stops functioning within 6 months of the purchase, the law assumes that it was faulty at the time of purchase. This means you will be entitled to a free repair or replacement product unless the seller can prove you did not use the product correctly.

1 Like

The OP is in the UK, it's 6 months here too, and if they don't repair/replace, the buyer is due a full refund

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.