Etsy is showing only negative reviews

Hello All

I have an actual concern here. Please open any of my store listings. All it shows is 1 star reviews from even 2 months back on the reviews tab. Why is etsy doing this to me? Its making customers turn away and since this happened im hardly getting any sales. 

What kind of fraud is this?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Etsy is showing only negative reviews

When I open your shop, it showing all 5* reviews first, when I click on recent your reviews are less positive

0 Likes
BlackRockVintage
Conversation Maker

Exactly

Recommended or Recent

depends which view you choose

0 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

That's weird because my setting is on recommended and when I clicked a listing it was all 1 and 2 stars.

Actually, I just went to newest and there was one 5 star and the rest negative.

0 Likes

After reading several of your reviews, you should count yourself lucky that Etsy gives you badges let alone allow your account to be left open, but than again, this is Etsy all over.. reward the mass resellers punish the artisans!

2 Likes
FeltOnTheFly
Conversation Maker

@CryzalisDesigns - The shop sells beads.  Beads are legitimately in the 'Supplies' category here on Etsy.  So.... what are you referring to with your comment, "reward the mass resellers"?  Are you thinking this supplies seller is a reseller?  Here on Etsy, supplies sellers are not the same as 'resellers'.  

2 Likes

However, the OP should list the beads as supplies though, not as handmade.

0 Likes
LeParisMetro
Conversation Maker

I thought that too until I looked at the shop further.  They are reselling rings and other jewelry items they did not handmake. The beads are a coverup for other items that are against Etsy rules.

1 Like

@TheVintagePineapple My beads are all listed in supplies category in beads so whats wrong there?

@LeParisMetro are you sure I don't handmake them? I use to sell beads and its a competitive market so I changed to gold supplies and jewelry too. Those are all handmade and not bulk bought. Easier to be judgemental than to ask. 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

I can't possibly say why your low reviews are showing up more prominently than your 5 star reviews other than recency. The best way to stop this happening is to do everything you can to avoid getting poor reviews in the first place. It seems (from reading the reviews) that many of your listings are misleading. Even your shop name is misleading. 

4 Likes

You can check i have a warehouse in USA too. Originally I worked from there only but now my items ship from both USA and India. No customers complain about location. They only complain about beads not up to the quality and ask for more than like 80% of amount they paid for a refund to change negative. They don't even contact me to solve things. Everyones on this bandwagon of leave negative first then demand refund for change of feedbacks. Seller is not always in the wrong

0 Likes

I’d be more concerned about the reasons for your poor reviews. It’s shocking that you apparently sold a fake gold item to a customer who had it tested by their local gold dealer. You’re lucky you’re still in business.

6 Likes

Just because a customer said it doesnt mean its true. One said it but I sell hundreds. Are all others wrong? Theres always one who complains

1 Like
SilverCityBeads
Conversation Maker

PriddeyThings

" It’s shocking that you apparently sold a fake gold item to a customer"

And when you add the negative reviews from enhanced photos too, makes it very difficult for customers to want to shop at this store. There are many complaints from customers saying the same thing so one would believe it is true,.

2 Likes

Yes Etsy seem to love doing this and there has been many posts regarding this , but this is normally from sellers where the negative feedback is months or years old, the ones showing on your listings are the most recent feedback, just one question for your though, why have you got USA at the end of your shop name when you are in India, now that could also be classed a fraud!

As for no customer has commented on where your shop is locataed, i think you need to read through your negative feedback again as one clearly states she was shocked the parcel came from India!

2 Likes

Whether or not you are actually fraudulent, the comments above me show you clearly appear that way. Especially in that in all your 'handmade' jewelry listings there's nothing to suggest you made it, no talk of 'ownership' to the design or creation process. No about page talking about your process or showing images of you at work, no other members of the shop mentioned who might be making this work to your designs etc.

I can also see rings the exact same design in related items at the bottom of some of your listings, so if you are making these you'll have to come up with more original designs instead of copying what's out there, otherwise you just look like you're just an agent selling mass-manufactured goods.

Then you also sell beads, which puts people further in mind of importers and factories (yes I know supplies are allowed). In addition to a lot of people repeating a problem with beads not looking like the images, and the huge amount of competition on here, I would not be surprised at all to find your sales have gone down or stopped.

On a different angle, if you recently started selling the jewelry it's going to be a long road getting sales as they're unlikely to be the same market as the beads, so you have to pull in a new audience. Your shop isn't known with the AI as converting for jewelry terms. The terms you are trying for are also very generic - 1 listing alone has the title "14k Solid Gold Diamond Ring / Dainty Diamond Ring / Thin Diamond Ring / Gold Diamond Ring / Three Stone Ring / Simple Diamond Ring" - those are all very broad generic terms that have a ton of competition which is all ranking high in those results because of their sales, so you're unlikely to be seen.

2 Likes

I think its because some people have marked them as helpful, it only shows on certain browsers but generally bumps them up, could be random people or could be a competitor bumping up your negatives to only show them first

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.