Etsy froze adding tracking info to an open case + 2 days waiting for Etsy's case review

I have a customer opening a case for an item not received but Etsy froze after i added the tracking number and carrier.

I tried it yesterday and today and pop-ups this message and even after hours of waiting the message continues and doesn't assume the tracking number. 
POP-UP MESSAGE:
"Bear with us, we're saving your delivery details. loading"

I added the tracking number to the message part and everything i have about the package but this was on the 18th and no reply from Etsy.  From what i read these cases are reviewed and refunded in minutes. No?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
ZenCatPottery
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy froze adding tracking info to an open case + 2 days waiting for Etsy's case review

@Kinderklipz How long has this been a problem?  Since you shipped the item?  How long has that been?
Have you tracked it?  If so is there a problem ?  Is it still in transit?  You can send your customer the tracking number.  So they are reassured.

0 Likes

Re: Etsy froze adding tracking info to an open case + 2 days waiting for Etsy's case review

The problem is that the part where we add the tracking number in the Cases section on our backoffice freezes, even after hours of waiting to save the number. 
Backoffice > Help > View Cases

1 Like

I have one of those too, for an item tracked as delivered in September. It was shipped on-time and arrived well within the delivery estimate. I wound up adding tracking numbers and links for Asendia and Chronopost in the comments underneath (both track as delivered on-time). The upload still stalls each time I click to add tracking to the case, though. Since it’s been 2 days and there’s still no decision, I imagine Etsy is aware of the glitch and trying to fix it before rendering more decisions.

I’m expecting a favourable outcome, since I adopted Etsy’s policies, the item was $30 USD and it’s clear I followed all guidelines. I’m really just waiting to see if Etsy refunds from their own coffers or rejects the refund outright. The latter did happen once before so they may be tracking those who regularly claim not to have received packages tracked as delivered. That would be a smart thing to do, to protect the integrity of their purchase protection program. 

0 Likes

Same here! But mine wasn't delivered yet but passed way than the estimated delivery time.
And it also falls under the Protection Program and as I read they take like 1 minute to make a decision. I added the tracking number in my message and i hope that they read it.

0 Likes

@Kinderklipz  If Etsy reviews your shop policies they may see for the buyer.  In the EU the return policy needs to be 30 days.  14 for the intent to return and then 14 days for the actual return.  Since Etsy doesn't have 28 days, sellers need to use 30 days.

0 Likes

Just updating to report that the PPP worked. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories but Etsy’s always come through on this for me. I think it helps to adopt their policies and ship everything on-time with tracking. 

0 Likes

@HeatherJordanJewelry 
Got an email from Etsy saying that they will refund the customer according to the Protection Program. I always shipped like the program rules so i never had to change anything.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.