TheVineArtShop
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy deactivated my handmade listing

I've been selling this item for the past 2 years and it's been a best seller. Etsy deactivated because they say it was not handmade but I hand make all my items.

I'm not sure if someone reported it to be malicious or if it was deactivated because I recently opened a tik tok shop and sell only this item on there. I opened it for more views and sales for my etsy shop. Regardless, the email I received was because it was not handmade. I reached out via Etsy chats and they said someone would email me to look further into this issue. If anyone here has more insight it would be very much appreciated. 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Etsy deactivated my handmade listing

Seems to be happening all over the site at the moment, bots are incorrectly removing handmade listings! 

6 Likes

@TheVineArtShop: It is possible that the listing on your TikTok shop made some bot think you are reselling that item on Etsy - particularly if you are using the same images on both platforms.

0 Likes
TheVineArtShop
Inspiration Seeker

Is there a way for Etsy to reverse this if it was a bot that incorrectly deactivated the listing?

0 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

@BagmakerSupplyMost of us who post on TikTok and other social media sites use the same images. It's how you build brand awareness. Surely there has to be another factor involved?

1 Like

@dorothydomingo:"Surely there has to be another factor involved?" A part of any sellers' problem is that we just don't know - we can infer some trigger words (i.e. amber, ivory) from other posts, we can make best guess on other problematic terms but we don't really know for sure. Does Etsy troll other sites looking for resellers? Is image matching used? We can only speculate.

0 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

Yes, but using the same images can't be the only factor. Otherwise they would be shutting down all the shops here who promote on social media sites.

Etsy doesn't troll its OWN site looking for resellers. It's unlikely they are trying to cross match with other sites when they can't be bothered to go after the low hanging fruit here.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@TheVineArtShop  Only Etsy can reverse that.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

There have also been bots removing things that they deem 'drug-related' when they are not.

1 Like

Yes this happened to me!! The drug related thing. UGH

0 Likes
slashedpaint
Conversation Maker

When this happened to me, it took about 24-48 hours for someone to look it over and reinstate it, so it probably will be fine shortly if there's nothing actually wrong with the listing. There's also a link in the email they send to reply- (I forget the wording) so you could try that to hurry it.

2 Likes
TheVineArtShop
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for this, I really do hope so.  I looked over the email again and seen no links on how to reply to it. 

1 Like
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

@TheVineArtShop My items were removed due to "drug paraphernalia" not the same issue as yours. However, I had to contact Etsy, then get a canned response, then at the bottom of that response, there are instructions on how to reply if you still need help. THAT is how you actually get information to someone at Etsy who will look at your request.

3 Likes

Hopefully it won't affect the quality score of your listing once it's re-listed

0 Likes
Liamore
Post Crafter

The same thing happened to me.They deactivated a lingerie.I just don't understand why they think I didn't sew it.It's not the first time.A few months ago the same thing happened and I didn't write a message to support because I don't care anymore,my shop was completely ruined.It doesn't matter to me.After 1-2 days they reactivated it.I guess they checked it with some humanoid.But it's very interesting that they deactivate everyone's best seller  product.It's a bit strange..

1 Like

Its happening to me and i been making my own items for 4 yrs! I even upload video of me making the exact same items they removed! But they dont care! No one is listening. It gives me no confidence to keep uploading similar items as they may get removed and NO one is listeing. What happened to Etsy??? They not hearing us:((((

1 Like

Etsy sometimes gets the reason wrong.

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/drug-paraphernalia/239364786154

"We consider drug paraphernalia to include (but not necessarily be limited to) the following:

• Bongs
  • Bubblers
  • Oil rigs, domes, and dab kits
  • Pipes with a carburetor
  • Roach clips
  • Slides and/or items with a slide
  • Vaporisers   
  • Otherwise qualifying items that are presented as drug paraphernalia, such as in the listing images, titles, descriptions, or tags"
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.