PigletPantry
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy calculates response rate incorrectly!

Jump to solution

My response rate included me responding to vendors I purchased from personally, which is a completely inaccurate way of calculating my customer service. My response to purchases I made personally has nothing to do with how I operate as a shop. Please fix this @etsy!!!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy calculates response rate incorrectly!

Jump to solution

Our Star Seller page in our Shop Managers has this very helpful info:

What messages count towards the message response rate?

"Your message response rate is based on just the first message in a conversation, not ongoing conversations. This means you just need to respond to the first message within 24 hours. This applies to messages both from buyer and seller accounts. Messages from Etsy staff do not count toward your response rate, and neither do messages that you mark as spam. You can also now find a breakdown of your message response rate score by downloading a CSV."

View solution in original post

3 Likes
9 Replies

Jump to solution

We're heading into the two year anniversary of this program.  From Day One, the rule has been that you respond within 24 hours to all first messages from either BUYER or SELLER.

The rules are plain - there is nothing to fix.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Sellers will still be complaining 3, 4+ years from now (if the program is still going on) and wanting Etsy to fix something when there's nothing to fix.

It states this info on the dashboard, help pages, ALL NEW messages must be replied too, yet some sellers seem to think those rules don't apply to them and want Etsy to fix it.
A gazillion posts about this since SS started.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm waiting for the 5 year anniversary as many other things have reached that point.

I wish sellers would read the information.  It would help them so much to understand.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Our Star Seller page in our Shop Managers has this very helpful info:

What messages count towards the message response rate?

"Your message response rate is based on just the first message in a conversation, not ongoing conversations. This means you just need to respond to the first message within 24 hours. This applies to messages both from buyer and seller accounts. Messages from Etsy staff do not count toward your response rate, and neither do messages that you mark as spam. You can also now find a breakdown of your message response rate score by downloading a CSV."

3 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yep, bots do not read the messages, so do not know who they are from, so all messages must initially be responded to, thats the way it’s always been, so you either respond with a quick message, even an emoji,  or mark as spam. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

You can set up a buyer account, if you don't want to follow etsys rules, for your purchases

but they are rules, and they are calculated correctly

0 Likes
LeParisMetro
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Your response rate is not calculated incorrectly.  If you truly care about star seller, you should read all the rules so you do not have any other surprises in this almost 2 YEAR old program. 

3 Likes
Fit2Sleep
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I noticed just today that I bumped down to 92% for a missed message but when I downloaded my message history - all responses are "yes" replied to within 24 hours.  I started a chat with Etsy support.  They told me it did look to be an error and escalated to technical support.  I never hesitate to contact Etsy support when I'm not able to figure out where the issue is.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Fit2Sleep   And chances are Etsy will not change it.   Chat people are not exactly Etsy employees so don't be surprised if it is never changed.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.