DreamGoExplore
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy! Stop With The Shopping Cart Pop Ups Already!

The constant pop ups about putting an item I favorited in my cart and buying now is over the top Etsy.    If I wanted to buy it, I would put it in my cart.    But I didn't...I favorited it.  I'm about to go un-favorite everything just to make this stop.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
20 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Etsy! Stop With The Shopping Cart Pop Ups Already!

I put something in my cart a week ago, waiting for payday, and every flipping page I go to, my own included, there it is, popping up and nagging me that IT'S GOING FAST!!!!!!

Well, if it's been going fast for over a week it should be worn out by now and quit popping.

8 Likes

Just wait to you put something in your cart and a few days later you remove it and YOU still get those annoying popups telling you to hurry it's going fast and to go to you cart to purchase it.

The problem was the item was NO longer in my cart, so I couldn't remove it.

I even tried adding it back to my cart and got an error message I couldn't add it because there was only 1 of the item.

It did that crap for a few weeks and mysteriously just stopped one day.
Drove me crazy!

3 Likes
DreamGoExplore
Inspiration Seeker

What really irks me is that there are so many of this same complaint in these forums and elsewhere on the internet, and Etsy is not doing a darn thing about it.  No one is a fan, Etsy...make it go away.

4 Likes

@DreamGoExplore  yep but that's part of the test. They put this super annoying thing in and monitor how people respond. How many click on it, does it result in a buy, how many un-fave everything or flat out leave just to avoid it... then they decide if it's worth chasing off a few to keep pushing to those who will put up with it. Testing tolerance levels is a classic etsy marketing technique.

2 Likes
akaATA
Post Crafter

YES PLEASE.

3 Likes
PamsPawsJewelry
Conversation Maker

Those popups about every single thing you fave are SO SO ANNOYING!

I am a seller and imagine how much they must also annoy shoppers and buyers! They will stop faving and shopping on here.

As it is no sales hardly this year!

Etsy take away the annoying pop ups which also drive my computer crazy while promoting, and fix the darn search on this site so things people search for come up instead of all kinds of other stuff!

Why must everything you do Etsy be so annoying and never helpful to sellers!

5 Likes
DreamGoExplore
Inspiration Seeker

I unfavorited all 160+ of my Favorites.  The pop ups have stopped.  That is ridiculous.  I should not have had to do that. 

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

i un-carted and un-favorited everything.

etsy was doing the pop up thing for...

sold out items!

hurry! only 0 left in stock!

bleh.

5 Likes

I've unfavorited and stop putting anything in my cart on Etsy.  Etsy is a frustrating site to shop on these days. This is worrisome.  

3 Likes

I was actually trying to buy something the other day, unfortunately for me I was on the laptop and every.single.tab. I opened had that DANG slider....which follows you down the page so you have to click it away, lest you explode in a rage.

Honestly at this point it just makes them look desperate for sales. I guess they're getting to the point of running out of ideas for how to make next quarter look better than last.......

4 Likes

0 Likes
DreamGoExplore
Inspiration Seeker

I think Etsy is mad and punishing me for complaining...  Since I've posted this my item views have drastically dwindled, even though I'm running a sale.  Guess I won't be getting Star Seller status this month, lol.  I've been debating closing my shop this week (I'm moving soon anyways and need to pack things up) or just letting the items sit until expiration then close.  Etsy used to be a fun venue for me to sell vintage, but it just stresses me out now.  And its hard to compete with all the largely stocked shops that are reselling retail items (not handmade, not vintage).  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.