Etsy is not updating with the USPS on tracking. I have a package that will be delivered tomorrow, according to the USPS website, but Etsy still says pre-transit.

Re: Etsy Shipping Says Pre-Transit for Days

Just came to the forums to see if anyone else is having this issue! I did get dinged a little for my star seller as well, it says "no tracking number provided" on 1 package (thankfully only one) but I have provided tracking since I ship through etsy

hoping they get this sorted

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

I have a feeling those who are being penalized bought labels through someone other than Etsy.

When I look at the star seller data it says with tracking OR a label through Etsy.

I buy Etsy labels and have not been penalized so I’m guessing that is why some people are and some people aren’t. 

1 Like
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

It's not just the sellers buying labels thru third parties. I buy all my labels here, and it's happened on three of my shipments now.

1 Like
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

So weird!!!!  

it seems like it should affect everyonethe same  if everything else is the same! 

0 Likes
decotini
Crafty Poster

@cutebutton, yes, that does seem to make sense (regarding 3rd party or Etsy labels).

0 Likes
ModernViolet
Inspiration Seeker

I only buy labels directly through Etsy and am having this issue

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Mine in pre-transit since February 27th.

0 Likes

I used Etsy's label service.

I just contacted (chat) customer support and they fixed the 2 orders that were stuck pre-transit within a few minutes.

0 Likes
decotini
Crafty Poster

Hi, I did a chat with Etsy yesterday, and was told that they are working on it; and also that it will not affect the Star Seller Stats as long as the label is printed within the seller's processing time.
However, they did NOT fix my orders that were stuck. I see that some sellers have been able to have that done. I wasn't that fortunate.

1 Like
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

I have two orders permanently stuck on pre-transit that were delivered days ago. The order I sent out yesterday was still marked as pre-transit last night even after being scanned by my mail carrier, but today has finally changed to "in transit" and shows the movement to the sorting facility.

So maybe they have fixed the problem of new labels being recorded wrong, but haven't fixed the older label tracking issues? Does every seller have to contact them individually to sort that out?

1 Like

@dorothydomingo I have contacted Etsy about every order I have shipped because they all keep getting stuck in pre-transit limbo. Of course every agent responds differently. Some say they can push an update through, some say they can't. It is quite frustrating as it is affecting the on-time shipping & tracking badge. They want us to follow their strict rules but are lax about issues on their end.

3 Likes

@NangijalaJewelry  - I also contacted chat and they said they would forward this problem on.  I mentioned that a lot of sellers are reporting this, but they acted like they had no idea about it and said they would forward it on and have someone look into it and get back to me via email.  It is kind of crazy when you consider how the rigid policy of refunding orders that might be delivered a day or two past their "expected" delivery date which we have no control over, and then simultaneously having a widespread tracking / syncing error basically indicates that there are tons of packages that have not even shipped when they are actually delivered.  

3 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

There is clearly a problem in the system - something is preventing the updated information about these orders from being recorded accurately, especially the designation from pre-transit to "in transit" and "delivered".

It just seems like a time suck to have to go in and manually adjust potentially thousands of inaccurate label designations. Someone on the tech side needs to figure why it's happening in the first place, and fix it.

And yeah, there's that sword of Damocles hanging over our heads if WE make a mistake (shipped a day late - refund!) yet their system isn't accurately recording in transit and delivered packages.

2 Likes

@MoonstruckVintageXO @dorothydomingo It is a helpless feeling to have to leave so much of this process to third and fourth and fifth parties. In the end no one cares as much about my business as I do. I follow all the rules and policies but it doesn't matter because their automated system tells Etsy and customers otherwise. I sure hope they can get this issue fixed because I don't want to spend time explaining myself over and over every single day. Well I could just let it go and watch my star seller badge disappear... but that's not in my nature LOL.

2 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

I have over 100 orders sitting in pre-transit.  I just got off chat with Etsy and they confirmed that they are aware of the issue and are working on it but do not have a timeframe for resolution.  I told them this was affecting my Star Seller and asked if they would correct this as 100% of my orders were shipped on-time. The Chat person could NOT confirm that the affect this is having on the Star Seller program would be corrected.  Instead they repeated that they are aware of the problem and to wait for an email update once the problem is resolved. No words.   

4 Likes

Ridiculous!! I don't understand why they can't fix their faulty star seller stats when their own system doesn't work correctly. If they can't be accurate (or at least fix their mistakes), then just end the program. It's totally unfair when we have followed their rules and have done nothing wrong.

3 Likes
rostone
Post Crafter

I have 10 orders that say pre-transit even though they have been delivered or are moving. The USPS tracking shows all of them correctly tracking, but Etsy is not updating them. I purchase all my labels through Etsy. This is affecting some orders from the 1st of March but not all orders.

One of my packages is from two separate orders placed by a customer so I combined them into one shipment and refunded the shipping on one of the orders and put the same tracking number on both orders. This happens all the time and I never have a problem with it. One of the orders says delivered and the other says in transit. Both of these have the same tracking number. The one with that says in transit has affected my star seller rating even though it has been delivered and sent on time.

Please fix this Etsy!

1 Like
rostone
Post Crafter

Sorry should have made clear not all are on the 1st of March but spread out from the 1st through today.

0 Likes
ModernViolet
Inspiration Seeker

As a perfectionist it really hurts my feelings that they are now placing a reserve on my orders lol.

Some of my stuck in pre-transits did eventually update on Monday or Tuesday of this week, but one still has not - delivered 3 days ago. 

I'd love to see an update on the tech issues thread to let us know they haven't forgotten and are working on it.

0 Likes

same, I am over 60 orders showing pre transit now.  My star seller dropped from 100% to 89%.  

0 Likes
CHEAPandUGLY
Inspiration Seeker

I'm glad to see other people are just as upset about this as I am. I have been selling for a few years, but etsy, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to put a reserve on my account. This is exacerbated by the lack of "Syncying" of etsy's system. Why should I buy their shipping, which STILL shows "pre-transit" even though it's been days since orders have been delivered. There is no reason to purchase etys shipping, it seems, and if enough sellers refused to buy their shipping I'm sure their system would magically start working.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.