Etsy Shipping Says Pre-Transit for Days

Etsy is not updating with the USPS on tracking. I have a package that will be delivered tomorrow, according to the USPS website, but Etsy still says pre-transit.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
70 Replies

Re: Etsy Shipping Says Pre-Transit for Days

This is the issue of the syncing between USPS and Etsy. This impacts seriously to stores which are being under "Payment Account Reserve"

4 Likes
DragonflysCove
Inspiration Seeker

It is most definitely affecting those of us in reserve. As long as it shows in pre-transit my funds won't be released. It is so frustrating!

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Lots of us have the same problem. Still waiting for Etsy to post in the forums they are at least looking into it.

6 Likes

My completed items are showing three items in Pre-transit that left Saturday and are actually out for delivery today according to USPS tracking site.  This is happening more and more and I know the carrier is scanning off because I watch him.  However, it still hits our Star seller points on shipping as if it isn't shipped.  It all needs to be simply done away with because of things out of the seller's control.  I cannot control what happens once it leaves, even if it says it didn't leave.  I am glad others are seeing this because I thought my carrier's scanner might be broke.

4 Likes

I've contacted Etsy about this twice in the last 2 days. My shipping stats are now in the toilet.

2 Likes
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

@windowviews 

I don't get why it's affecting some peoples star selller stats.

I have the exact same issue on a ton of orders from quite a while ago and my shipping stats are still at 100% so I'm not sure why it would affect some but not all?

1 Like

@cutebutton yes that is indeed odd. One order stuck in pre-transit through no fault of my own lowers the score 5%. Makes absolutely no sense!

0 Likes

True. I have four packages that left Friday and Saturday.  One delivered already, two out for delivery and one still moving.  But the Etsy panel says Pre-Transit.  And it is affecting the shipping column on Star seller badges.  Lost mine last week for same reason.  I assume it is an internal problem, that should be corrected and updated to reflect proper shipping and proper shipping percentage on dashboard.

3 Likes

There have been numerous threads on this issue, starting last week.

2 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

There will continue to be more threads on this every day, as more and more sellers are affected by Etsy's incompetence.

14 Likes

Same issue here. Etsy's tracking says pre-transit, but when I click through to USPS I am seeing in transit or delivered.

3 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

I have two orders that have already been delivered according to the USPS website and yet they still show as pre-transit within Etsy. If Etsy is going to micro-manage our our shop practices it would be great if they could design a system that accurately records it.

14 Likes

Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

0 Likes

Star Seller shipping stats are already starting to be impacted and each day they will continue to get worse until ETSY addresses this. 

0 Likes
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

1 Like

I wouldn't mind if the forum was flooded with this topic.  This is a fairly big deal that has yet to be corrected or even acknowledged by etsy.  People are already seeing their shipping record dinged for this so keep pestering them until they get it fixed. 

8 Likes

How do we pester Etsy though? I have this same issue and CANNOT for the life of me contact a real person at Etsy. Everything just circles back to generic information panels. But it sounds like everyone here is having the same issue. I also have enough orders to be a Star Seller and that isn't being updated, as well as the issues with "pre-transit" vs delivered. AHHH!!

0 Likes

I also have one showing pre-transit on Etsy, and shows as being delivered today on USPS.

2 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

To me it's hilarious that they have the nerve to ask in surveys why I'm not using their shipping services.

Clearly the people who design the surveys have never, ever, looked at the forum.

If they did, they wouldn't have to send out surveys about it, as it would tell them all they need to know, updated daily, in real time.

4 Likes

@leinweberstudio 

It doesn't matter if you use ETSY's shipping service or not.  I use pirate ship for my shipping and am having the pre-transit issues.

2 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Just a quick note for anyone worried about Star Seller- your stats are based on the ship date you set when you purchase the labels, not when USPS scans them in. My local post office scans things late sometimes, causing them to sit in pre-transit for days, but my SS stats have never been affected. Still a frustrating problem Etsy needs to fix, but it won't hurt your SS status.

1 Like
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

This issue isn't about the Post Office dropping the ball and not scanning along the route. My mail carrier scans my packages as I hand them over. Then they are scanned again at the sorting facilities along the way.

This is about packages going thru the entire shipping process and being updated on the PO website as delivered but Etsy is still recording as "pre-transit".

It's not the Postal Services screwing up here, it's the way Etsy is integrating with their own label services and not updating even days after delivery.

And this isn't totally about star seller either. With all the bot refunds going on, and sellers being harangued for tracking, it's hypocritical for Etsy to not have accurate data to determine what's been shipped and on time delivery metrics.

4 Likes

It is hurting star seller. I just downloaded my stats and it is counting the "pre transit" orders that have already been shipped on time and delivered as having no tracking.

3 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

I know it's not the same issue as USPS not scanning, I was just giving an example of stuck pre-transit packages not affecting SS.

Pre-transit status on shipped packages has never been an SS factor before (Etsy has always gone by the ship date chosen when purchasing the label), so if folks are actually seeing their percentage go down from this, that's a new development and definitely very concerning. 

I'm lucky if my post office scans my packages on time even half the time, so if extended Pre-transit status is now affecting star seller it won't take me long to lose my badge.

Hopefully this is just all part of the bug and will be resolved in a week or two when Etsy finally gets around to putting a team on it.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.