LifeHasJustBegun
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy Search is not working

I am using Chrome and last night (and continuing this morning) Etsy Search is not working comes up.  I get the message Oops Something has gone Array.  I have cleared the history and cache in my browser, restarted my computer, signed out, restarted again and signed back in.  I can get into search if I use incognito.  Everything else is fine, I just can't use the search bar. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy Search is not working

I've also gotten that on occasion (recently) with Safari & Bing too. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@LifeHasJustBegun   This Seller is having the same trouble as you.  I can go in both of your Shops with no problem (desktop computer, Chrome, Windows 10).  But that doesn't help you guys.  If you haven't already done so, clear cache/cookies; unplug your modem then plug back in.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Uh-Oh-A-stitch-has-gone-awry/m-p/140154032#M738747

I hope something resolves your problem.

0 Likes

Same thing with me. I have tried everything. 

0 Likes

Apparently nobody works weekends? This is aggravating. I would rather give Etsy shops the sales but I'm going to have to look elsewhere..

0 Likes

I'm having trouble using the search as a whole when I type in a search term for example ' vintage earrings ' I can only get to page 17 or 19 then the search just turns off. I'm not allowed to look any further, I was trying to get ideas for Christmas but I'm only allowed to view a select number of pages or so it seems

0 Likes
onceinabluejewel
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same Etsy search problem.  Getting the message "Uh oh!  A stitch has gone awry.  Please try again later."  This started last night and continuing today.  I'm using Chrome and haven't had this problem in the past.  Looks like others are having the same problem.  In checking Etsy Twitter feed, it appears they have had search issue off and on over the last week or so, posting that the issue has been resolved.  But apparently it hasn't been resolved.  There doesn't appear to be an easy way to contact an actual tech support person at Etsy to report this search issue that many of us are experiencing.

0 Likes
onceinabluejewel
Inspiration Seeker

Here's an update to my post.  I use Chrome and cleared out my browsing history and this solved the problem.  You can Google how to do this but here is what I did on Chrome.  I clicked on the three dots on the right hand side of the Google task bar and selected "More Tools".  Then I selected "Clear Browsing Data".  Then I selected how far back I wanted to clear the browsing data and only checked the boxes for what I wanted deleted.  Then I restarted my computer and problem was solved.  Able to search on Etsy again.  It worked for me.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.