My views have been down massively the last few days.

Upon searching for my bestsellers i have found these are absolutely nowhere to be found in search.

I ranked top for several items in my etsy shop under several different searches for each item.

Now for example when i type in 'football water bottle' in search (i had a best seller in this search on page 1) i have got all the way to page 84 (the last page) My item is nowhere to be found!

Is there a issue with etsy search at the moment?

Re: Etsy Search all incorrect

Jump to solution

Mine just got re-indexed 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Jump to solution

No worries! They will be re-indexed within 48 hours.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Is everyone having almost no favorites? I averaged at least one per hour and now I'm getting maybe 5 a day? Just really dead for a few days now.

1 Like
RedCitro
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Mine got fixed too, and is back in the top of search, but my views and favorites are low and no sales today (which will be a first)…I hope it’s just a coincidence, or it just needs time to start flowing again? 

2 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Deleted ... I didn't realize the thread was several months old.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well, mine are all back now, but no sales yet.  6 of mine were not indexed.  I hope it is resolved for everyone soon.  Mine went missing Saturday and were just fixed.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

My shop is "fixed" but it doesn't feel like it. Silence and no views. Per GA, the only people coming to my shop are from outside clicks and not organic. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi, Did this improve? I have this same issue today, 100 + listings totally vanished from search including best seller and advertised listings. im freaking out

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello,

Can someone please help me with this? Even my best-selling products are not appearing in searches. When I search for the keyword "personalized leather keychain" in many of my titles, I cannot find any of my listings. The views and sales I used to receive before have significantly dropped. I used to be on the front page, but now I am not. What could be the reason for this?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi , This has happened to me today, did you get yours back and did things go back to normal? if so, how long?

Etsy support are offering no help at all and im freaking out

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have this exact issue today, all of a sudden every single one of my 100 + listings have vanished from search. I have searched the exact title of my best seller item which usually comes up first and it is no where on any page on etsy. I pay for advertising as well as have top page listings usually. I have contacted etsy who say everything is fine and that is that. I am freaking out, and dont know what to do. Can anyone offer any guidance please as to how to get this resolved asap?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@DiscoLeopardByLaura Yes, the same thing has been happening to me for a long time. My store is going backwards. 2-3 whale sellers are not affected by these ridiculous settings of etsy, while other sellers have different restrictions for some reason. I don't think Etsy cares about us. One day you have great sales, you show up in searches, the next day you're not there and you don't get any sales. I think they are trying to share the piece of the pie to everyone. But again, the old stores are the winners, because they are not left behind in the searches.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DiscoLeopardByLaura: Etsy is constantly tweaking the search algorithm so results will change all the time. There are many many factors that affect listing placement and the relative weight of each factor probably changes constantly. Even exact word matches to your title no longer ensure that you will appear on page 1. Your listing may be appearing on page 251 and Etsy is only showing the first 250 pages to the world.

Ads do not really help in this case as first your listing must meet the search requirements to rank high enough to be considered for an ad slot. Then, and only then, Etsy will "auction" off the available ad slots to those qualifying listings that they think will generate the most revenue for them. 

Etsy is proud of the fact that they provide search results which they think you will actually purchase regardless of what you actually searched for. There is a very interesting post at https://community.etsy.com/t5/Marketing-Your-Business/Etsy-search-is-moving-away-from-relevancy/td-p... that you may want to take the time to read.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.