HeyLenaArts
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy Payments.

Hello, 

I live in Ukraine since 2012, I have a family here and I have a residence permit and I have all documents - Government ID, VAT number, Ukrainian bank account, Payoneer account etc. 

Ukraine is in list in countries where sellers are eligible to enroll to Etsy payments.

In October I received a message that I can switch to Etsy Payments but after some time this function suddenly disappeared and I didn't have time to enroll. When I go to Shop Manager on Etsy, choose Finances and open Payment settings I see next message: "Etsy Payments isn’t available in your region yet. If you think this is incorrect, double check our list of countries eligible for Etsy Payments". So I suppose that there's some bug from Etsy side because it's strange that I had the opportunity to enroll to Etsy Payments only for a few days.

I contacted Etsy support before and asked if I'm eligible for Etsy payments and they answered that I can enroll, and later I received a letter in personal messages from Etsy, where it was written about why I still haven’t enrolled to Etsy Payments. But I cannot do this physically, since I still only have one payment option using PayPal despite the fact that I live in Ukraine, and many sellers here have already been enrolled to Etsy Payments.

I cleared all cookies, cleared the stored information and I don't have any toolbars, add-ons, or extensions installed that didn't come with my web browser originally. 

I tried from my Mac and cleared cookies, from two phones, and from your app Etsy seller from these two phones(the latest version of the app).

I wrote to Etsy support many times, but they never solved this problem.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Etsy Payments.

@HeyLenaArts  - This Announcement from Etsy on the additional countries that will have Etsy Payments.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Updated-11-16-Etsy-Payments-is-expanding-to-sellers-in-m...

Note that they update the Announcement when Etsy Payments are fully operational in the new countries. I don't see Ukraine yet, but hopefully it should be coming soon. 

0 Likes
HeyLenaArts
Inspiration Seeker

According to the information in the link you sent Etsy Payments are available in Ukraine. Here's a quote from the post:"For the first time ever, Etsy Payments is now available to sellers in Thailand and Ukraine. Japan, India, Chile, Argentina, Peru, and India(exports only) will be soon to follow".

Or did I misunderstand something?

0 Likes

I checked a few Ukrainian shops that I have saved in favorites.  Only one has Etsy payments, the rest all just have PayPal.  So maybe Etsy hasn't fully rolled it out yet?  Maybe there are still bugs being worked out?  Maybe it depends upon what part of the country you are in?

0 Likes

@HeyLenaArts  - Clicking on the link in the Etsy Announcement which starts "keep reading to learn more" leads me to this:

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/1183344188826

After quickly reading the article, it appears that enrolling in Etsy Payments will definitely be different than what any USA shops (& others) are familiar with.

The Update Announcements do not state that Etsy Payments in Ukraine has been fully launched. Possibly that first pop-up in your shop manager was an error? Or just a way for Etsy to make a "personalized" announcement to all affected shops?

Right now I can cart something from your shop & could have completed the check out process with PayPal.

I don't exactly know what to say. I guess you could contact Etsy Support to see if you can learn anything new, but a reply may take a while. Or you could wait to see if any links to setting up Etsy Payments turn up in your shop finances section. 

0 Likes
HeyLenaArts
Inspiration Seeker

Oh, got it, thank you, yes maybe it was an error when I was enrolled to Etsy Payments for a while, it confused me because many of my friends were enrolled to Etsy Payments almost immediately after this option became available in Ukraine. Etsy support only wrote  about how to connect with Payoneer. And that my shop may be currently located in a country that is not eligible for Etsy Payments, that surprised me. Hope that Etsy will not forget about me and I can enroll to Etsy Payments until January

0 Likes
99organizers
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I hope the wonderful Etsy team can resolve your issue. Etsy really supports Ukrainian and Ukrainian craftsmen!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.