Etsy Email Response

I am very frustrated right now. Since Etsy no longer has Chat, the emailing process is very aggravating. I have emailed them several times and all I get back is the policy directions or the rules. Is this just an AI responding to my questions? I clicked on one order and the popup came up, when I tried to scroll down, it closed and somehow it clicked on an old order, that was already processed, on the return button where the shipping labels are. I am already on reserve because I was new to this and made a couple of mistakes in the shipping process.  What I am aggravated with is that Etsy is supposed to be running a business and helping people solve their issues and it's like going to Walmart and trying to find an associate to help you. Ugh... I get no answers at all.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Etsy Email Response

Etsy does still have chat. I just comes and goes depending on the time of day.

1 Like

since it is difficult to find direct links to reach support i’ve collected them when sellers mentioned they found help.  

here is a link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is a link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

it’s easy to think “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” and send support with multiple daily emails thinking it will speed things up. in reality doing so actually slows things down. i ran an IT department for a fortune 500 for years. the software used to log and keep track of customer support calls and e-mails uses an automated ticketing system so the date/time stamp of your last email is your new place in the queue.  every new email resets the time stamp associated with your issue/question and takes you back to the end of the queue.  

if you email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to this email that their automated best guess solutions did not work (something like “i still need help” is sufficient). if you do not complete this step, no further action will be taken on your issue/question so it’s critical.

*** none of these links seem to work all the time. also know they may, or may not work outside the usa, may or may not work outside non-standard usa business hours (m-f & 8-5) and like many companies on major holidays, support may be limited, if available at all (hopefully holidays are posted in advance before a new year begins but i do not know if etsy does this)***

3 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

If you have sent a request through the help button, like the one at the top of this page, don't start new ones but keep replying to the first one with the "I still need help" option until you get a real person instead of the canned response. If you keep sending new requests they think the first ones have been answered.

0 Likes

Thanks for everyone's help! Much appreciated.

0 Likes

Take one email.  Do not open several.  The first one is always a generic one.  That is the one you use to contact Etsy again to say you still need help.

Opening several means Etsy closes them one by one since you did not respond to them.

Not sure how it did what it did but you should have been able to back out of it.  Are you using the app or computer?

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.