Etsy Alert Dots and Star Seller

Around the 13th or 14th of Feb. my alert dots stopped working. I don't know exactly when because I automatically check for orders at certain times. What I don't automatically check is messages. On the 16th I noticed that I had no alert dots so I contacted support...he wanted a screen shot, I guess to prove that there were no dots, but I couldn't get the screen shot to apply to the contact even though it would apply to Word. About 9pm on the 16th the alert dots returned...and I was alerted to having a message....it had been sent on the 14th.

Now Etsy is punishing me for not knowing that I had a message so I could respond within 24hours. I tried to find someone to contact about it but all I found was to come here, I don’t really understand what the point of this is, except ask if they always do this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Etsy Alert Dots and Star Seller

Etsy isn't punishing you. You choose not to check your messages daily. You messed up and that is the price you pay. Sorry. 

1 Like

I never depend on those dots, emails  or anything other than myself.  I check each area of my dashboard at least once per day and I probably check my orders and messages more than that.  I don't depend on Etsy for anything other than providing the website for me to list on. I have found over the years the best person to depend on is yourself.

8 Likes

Good point. I will never again trust Etsy nor their site for anything.

1 Like

alerts, dots and stuff are just extra prompt add-ons.

Always check the actual things you need to check

.... If I didn't trust a site, I would not sell on it.

You should probably look elsewhere, for a site you do trust

3 Likes

What is an alert dot?

1 Like

@mommawhazelsquilts   She is talking about the whatever color Etsy is using today circles on your shop icons that have numbers in them indicating you have orders, messages or an alert that Etsy is announcing a not new item for you to try.

0 Likes

Thanks @howtobooksandmore 

Thought I was missing something.

Never heard them called that before....lol

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

@mommawhazelsquilts I see the alert dots on my phone, ie in the app. It's a little orange thing. They do it for favorites and for deals on stuff in your cart. And I guess messages from the OP's post. I only use my phone for the cash register sound lol.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.