Etsy Ads - change to viewing daily stats

Generally, I don't mind the new format of the Etsy Ads dashboard.  However, "Manage Advertised Listings" doesn't allow you to check the current day's stats for individual items without clicking on each item to find what got clicks.  Even when you select the filter for "Today," it seems to show stats from the past 30 days.

Instead, you have to go to each item and switch the filter to "Today" to find which one got clicks and views.  While I actually like being able to view stats for each item, it does take time.

Having the ability to just have a quick look at the day's general stats, as I was able to do before, without having to check each item would be great.

I know not all clicks or views of ads lead to sales, but I find it helpful to just know which products caught someone's eye.  Some of those clicks have actually lead to sales from my shop, including customers buying another item besides or in addition to the item they clicked.

Anyway, there's my two cents, and I hope that this can be remedied.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
8 Replies
WW2Bullets
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Etsy Ads - change to viewing daily stats

They are doing that because the Etsy ads itself is a rip off and they're trying to suck every last penny out of us

0 Likes

There have been a lot of recent posts about Etsy Ads updates.  It may just be a test.  Or, it's possible Etsy may feel this will increase the longevity of sellers using their ads?  I'd think this is because takes approximately  30 days for the Ad system to learn how to work with a listing.  Etsy's last financial reports showed their ads were one of their strongest sources of revenue.  So it makes sense that they are concentrating in this area.  

0 Likes
TinkleInk
Inspiration Seeker

Well, I think they need to rethink it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But NOW it's broken, so best they fix it.

0 Likes
TinkleInk
Inspiration Seeker

I've also logged a complaint about this. It's frustrating because I can't monitor my daily clicks properly now!

And if I can't monitor it to see what's working, I may just stop ads.

It irritates me when changes are made and clearly not tested properly!! Amateur hour.

0 Likes

I let ads go for at least a month because I'm tired of them being so awful lately.  I decided to give them a shot again today and I'm so mad at myself for it lol

I thought maybe it was my laptop so I came on here to check it out.  I should have known it's just Etsy being Etsy lol I turned them off again and I'm just done.  If I hit today, I expect to see today.  Not a month.  That makes no sense, and I'm the one paying for the clicks.  Lesson learned, I guess.

2 Likes

Since a buyer can purchase anything in a shop when an ad is clicked on, I am not sure it is worth seeing what is clicked on.

Etsy tells me what is clicked on when something is bought through the ads.  That's enough for me.

0 Likes

I have to agree. Thinking of turning ads off til they fix this. I also monitor what gets clicks. If they are not getting g clicks I can check my photos  tags and descriptions  to see if they need work.

0 Likes

As of tonight (Thurs. 3/15), it looks like the issue has indeed been fixed!  When I go to "Manage Advertised Listings" and select "Today" in the filter, I can see what got clicked today.  I tried it with a different date, and it matched what I had recorded on a different spreadsheet.  Hope it stays that way - much better!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.