Error in order due date calculation

There seem to be errors in the due date or ship date calculations. I have my processing times set to 3 to 5 days, and I don't have processing on Saturday or Sunday. I got an order on Saturday (not a scheduled processing date). I made the item (Monday), which is just 1 working day after the order was placed. When I was printing the mailing label, it said (in red) that the item may arrive late. I don't understand how it can say "May arrive late" when I printed the mailing label 2 days ahead of the beginning of my first possible ship date? There must be an error in the calculation of the due date and USPS transit time? I offer Ground Advantage and a Priority shipping upgrade, but no Express Priority or overnight shipping in my shipping profile.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Error in order due date calculation

I've experienced this too! I ship within my promised 1-3 business days, only to get the "this order may arrive late" notice. Oddly, sometimes I get this notice even when my package is predicted to arrive within the date range that Etsy says the customer expects. 

This used to cause me a lot of angst, but I've learned to ignore it. The packages do usually reach their destinations "on time" (perhaps because I live halfway between east and west coasts?) and my customers seem to be happy with my shipping times. Ultimately, I care more about their experience than about what the Etsy bots think.

4 Likes
CraftyFoxAus
Inspiration Seeker

Im having the same problem as well

1 Like

@WendyShrayDesigns: Reading between the lines of the many other threads about this in the forum, it appears to be a glitch in the Etsy label purchasing routine and does not negatively impact anything else.

1 Like

I don't think it causes any issues but is a display issue only.  I've not had it impact my stats at all.  Everything is fine.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.