We got the email from Etsy today "You’ll need to confirm your seller info within 10 days".  It looks like our account was missing a phone number and my name was entered with first name/last name on the same line.  I uploaded the required documents as it made me do a name change.  However, every time we try to submit, we get this message:

There was an error saving your taxpayer information. Please try again.

I saw there were many threads about this months ago, but I'm wondering if anyone got this solved and how?  The countdown has begun and we're really worried.

Re: Error Message - Confirm your seller info within 7 days to keep getting paid

Jump to solution

Tried that and Safari was not helpful. I have been innundating them with scans of the forms they are asking for in any other ways I can think of. It seems to be working a little. The red message has become less strident and the are now asking for the information I have been trhying to give them for two days in a new way. will see if it works. Defitely flawed software. Another reason to hedge your Etsy bets

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LittleGemGirl you are my hero, your method worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Got the same notice today, well actually Friday morning as I was trying to get out of town for a much needed weekend away to see a friend.  Just got back today and got nothing but the usual - "our team is working on it - don't worry..."  My issue was that Etsy needed me to upload my drivers license.  However when I tried to do that - it wouldn't give me the submit option after uploading my docs.  I double checked and they met all the criteria about file type and size. The other odd thing on the "Upload Government-issued Personal ID" screen it shows my Legal name as my business name.  That isn't correct, but if I go and change that in the "Legal Shop Information" the only place I can change it is the "Name of Legal Entity" But if I change that, I'm telling Etsy that my business name is my name - that isn't correct either.

I did find out that I can edit my name under the Legal shop Information - and when I went there it show my first and last name in the First name box and nothing in the last name box.  I'm sure that Etsy changed something to cause this.  So I went ahead and submitted my first and middle name in the first name box and my last name in the last name box and then re-uploaded my drivers license.

I'm not sure if this is a workaround or if it overcomplicates this.  It seems like setting up a simple for is web design 101.  I'm not sure why Etsy should be such sticklers about the legal aspects, ask for a full legal name and then not provide a box to ACTUALLY submit that information. It seems they prefer the method where they just launch major site changes then let us figure it out.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.