AlchemistStorage
Inspiration Seeker

Tracking details and history being removed / disapears

Hi

So a while ago I've noticed that when I go to older orders (like half a year old) the tracking history is removed from it and only tracking number is available. Since a few weeks ago I started to notice that once the order is delivered tracking history and tracking number disappear from from some of the orders.

Now I'm dealing with an order that was damaged in the transport. I've sent a replacement on Friday, I've used "add a new parcel" option and everything went through. Today (Sunday) I freaked out because order page doesn't show neither old, nor current tracking history or details. It's even weirder because  I've reached out to the customer and she said that  on her end everything is fine and it shows all the tracking details on the order page. So what's going on?

Why does it happen? Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I can do something to prevent it? It's not very often but from time to time a customer will get in touch about an order that was made months ago. Shouldn't order page provide this sort of details? It's the clearest way to check the history of what was going on. You can check a message history but tracking numbers and history are even more important as they are solid prove of what have actually happen and not what we ware talking about doing ><'

Am I the only one who have noticed / experienced it (as I don't find any similar cases on the forum)?

I would much appreciate any insight in to this

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Re: Tracking details and history being removed / disapears

USPS reuses tracking numbers, so any number over 6 months old is pretty much worthless.  

Don't know why your new tracking number isn't showing, that is just weird,

0 Likes

Check with your post office.  It is possible Poland is reusing tracking numbers faster than other systems.  In the US USPS reuses tracking number after 3 months I think.  Might be longer.

To add is this on the order in order page? Since the order is already marked complete I wonder if just on your end the new tracking number is not showing.  The buyer sees it which is good.  However the 2nd tracking number should be showing on the order.  You could ask Etsy if they see the 2nd number or you could clean out cache and cookies to see if the 2nd tracking number appears.

0 Likes
AlchemistStorage
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for both replies. It's not a matter of reused tracking numbers, but the idea of clearing the catch and cookies is actually something that I should start with... and yet never thought of ><

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.