IsmaelCreative
Inspiration Seeker

Enhanced verification process to ensure security

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here as seller received a message from ShopHelper requesting to complete verification process. I have received 2 messages from ShopHelper after I completed listing my products which requested me to complete Enhance verification process by scanning QR Code that directed me to complete my bank card details. Please anyone can help whether it is legit or scam

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies

Re: Enhanced verification process to ensure security

Yeah it is a scam, do not provide any information or click on anything. Stick it in spam

Just above where you type a reply there should be a message, did you not see this message?

To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam.

5 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Scam! 

Mark as SPAM

Genuine messages from Etsy will appear in the 'from Etsy' folder of your message inbox. Check your messages using a browser.

2 Likes

Scam

this is on every message....

To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam.

the QR code is taking you offsite, and they want your financial information

0 Likes
SixPointSupplyCo
Inspiration Seeker

Dang. I fell for this and punched in my info! After waiting some minutes I put two and two together and realized it’s a scam, then searched it and found this. 

I reported to my bank and put a hold/canceled my card but I’m worried if there’s anything else they can get? Could I have downloaded spyware on my phone? 

The reporting department for my visa said there’s no way they can access any more banking info other then what was entered. THIS SUCKS!

1 Like

From the banks perspective, they can't access any more banking info from the actual scam,

but depending on what you clicked, they could have downloaded anything.

do a virus check on your device

0 Likes
AutismMomma83
Inspiration Seeker

i did it too now i’m worried they will use my info to buy things with my name 

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi, I get a message from someone called ShopHelper about a minute after I make a sale. Every time without fail. I just send it to spam. I am still yet to ever receive a genuine message from Etsy, just hundreds of scam attempts, madness! I've never experienced more scams, never on Amazon seller central etc. I am thinking of leaving Etsy because of this.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.