Email notifications of orders not received

Hi,  I am struggling a little to get orders in.  I have done Etsy ads and had no orders as a result.  As you can imagine I check my emails daily, throughout the day, to see if I have any orders.  Today, I logged onto my Etsy account and saw that I actually got 2 orders in the last few days and both are overdue in relation to my delivery policy.

So, I have 2 problems.  I'm not getting notifications of orders anymore - although the help centre have said it is all set up correctly.  Then there's my ratings - they will now be negatively affected, through no fault of my own.  We all work hard to ensure our various ratings are high.

The help centre told me to post my problem here.  So, I first need my notifications to be emailed through, quickly, and then I need something to be done about the way this has affected my ratings.

Please help!!

Natalie

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Email notifications of orders not received

@WonderJewelleryCo   The first thing to do is extend your shipping time from 1-2 days to something more reasonable that allows for notification delays.

0 Likes

We are other sellers here, so we can’t do anything practical like get your email notifications to work for you. Someone else in the forum recently said they now get emails for only some sales, not all. That’s almost worse than not getting any at all. I’m not aware of missing any order emails, but like others I don’t get a lot of other emails from Etsy.

If you have the Seller app installed and make sure the right settings are switched on, you can have it show a red dot when you get orders or messages etc. That might be a temporary measure. Otherwise you’ll need to login to your account properly every day to make sure you aren’t missing orders. Plus as suggested by JustMeToo extend your timeframes so you have more buffer.

1 Like

I've been getting only a fraction of the emails from Etsy I should be getting - sales, my own purchases, messages.  It's been like that for years, and I'm not alone.  Went through all the suggestions with support, to no avail.

I just don't depend on emails,  and suggest everyone check their own shop at least once a day.

2 Likes

I am sorry that you missed your order timelines.  It happened to me once when I first opened the shop.

I don't usually check my emails for Etsy's order notices but rely solely on my Etsy app on my phone.  It usually keeps me on track with all the orders and convos.  

1 Like

I only get about 40% of any notifications and this for the last year, the only way to avoid any issues is to look at your order page daily

1 Like

@WonderJewelleryCo: Presuming that the eMail was sent, many bad things can happen after the eMail has left Etsy's eMail server. Your eMail provider or Internet Service Provider or even a relaying server could be blocking the eMail in error and it never even makes it to your eMail client much less your SPAM or junk folder.

The consensus is that a seller needs to check their shop for messages and orders at least daily via a browser.

0 Likes

You have to log into your shop every day and look at it.  Email is never one hundred percent reliable and this is not just in regards to Etsy.  Just going by any other business I have been in.  If something is that important don't just look for it in your email.  Also if I send something important I ask for an email back as confirmation of receipt.  Or I text someone.  Can't do that on Etsy.  You have be more proactive about it from now on.      

1 Like
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

I do not have an issue with Etsy order emails, but I have my own domain. your email host might occasionally send Etsy emails to spam or block them altogether. Always check your spam folder. You should not rely on emails only to see if you have received an order, you should be checking your Etsy dashboard a few times a day and if you have a smartphone, get the seller app, this will also notify of orders.

As for it being no fault of yours that your ratings are negatively affected, unfortunately, on this occasion it is, you relied on email notifications only for new orders, and didn't get them (which could be your email host who is at fault, not Etsy), harsh, but true.

Take this as a lesson learned, and believe me, we have all probably had something we had to learn about the hard way, myself included. This was yours (tempted to go all kung-fu TV show now and say - young grasshopper - oops I did it).

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.