This is so strange.  I noticed an email that was labeled as an Etsy Conversation (10:04 a.m. this morning).  I was able to read the message via my email account but when I went to Etsy to reply to this person, I was unable to find the convo.  I gave up but then got to thinking about it and tried again to find it.  I finally used one of the words in that message to search all of my convos...and there it was, under SPAM.  I didn't put it there and cannot figure out who and why it ended up there.  It appears to be from a legitimate buyer and they are asking for a reduction in price.  Surely that is for me to decide and not a trigger for it go to SPAM.  I plan on pulling it out of the SPAM file so that I don't end up docked for being non-responsive and also because I feel terrible for (what I'm sure appears to the potential buyer) "ignoring" their message.  Unless anyone can think of a reason not to.   Am I missing something?  

irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

Re: Email for Etsy conversation found in SPAM folder

I also see blue box with what @audreytherese mentioned, "purposely staying there for a couple days to remind me that the message is from a buyer account, not from Etsy."

It's been there for two days and my response score is not affected.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Okay, mine seems to be okay.  Yesterday evening, I went to my Spam folder, marked that message as Not Spam.  And then I moved that message to my Inbox.  I then replied to it with an apology for being slow.  Everything today looks good.  Still have the blue banner but that should go away.  It is now showing that I responded in a timely manner (since I was under the 24 hour limit) and there are 3 messages...the original message, the blue banner message and my reply.  Looks like all is well.  I'm sure I'll soon find out.  

0 Likes

@WhatsOnTheShelf  Please check back in and let us know what happens.

0 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Happened to me too, I saw a message from a legitimate buyer 6 days later! I contacted chat support, predictably they did not know/care if this was a bug but they did advise to keep the conversation in spam,  if it was not to affect my Star Seller message score.

In fact this was correct  advice as first I moved the message to my Inbox, and my message SS reply score dropped - when I put it back into spam it was corrected overnight. So beware you have to check the spam folder not only for original messages but keep the whole conversation in there.

0 Likes

@RueDeLouvain Good to know.  When the blue message wouldn't go away after I responded, I sent the whole conversation back to spam just to be safe.

1 Like

@ZehOriginalArt Thank you for the information on the blue message issues.  I'd never encountered that before when answering messages from my inbox.

1 Like

I just wanted to add that the message I received that went straight to spam was a buyer asking if I'd accept a lower price which I assume was what caused it to be flagged.  She was also a previous buyer, so I didn't appreciate having it go directly to spam where I would have missed seeing it altogether if I hadn't read this thread.  I don't need Etsy to decide what messages are valid for me.  I want to see them all and I can decide which messages to send to spam on my own.  This is not helpful.  If the tech people need to keep busy, they could spend some time fixing the myriad other glitches and issues with the site.

2 Likes

I've now received another legitimate message that went straight into my spam folder.  It was a buyer asking if the price was negotiable and included an Etsy link to the product.  She sent me another, separate message asking specifics about the same product with the link, and this time, it was sent it to my inbox.  The only difference I can see between the two is she asked for a discount in the first message that went directly to spam.  I almost missed that one because it came in overnight.  This is maddening!  Please fix this Etsy.  I want to make my OWN decision which buyer messages are spam.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.