2/14/2023...  VERY LONG LAG TIME WHEN CLICKING THE GET SHIPPING LABELS BUTTON.... ALMOST 3 MINUTES PER ORDER JUST GETTING AN ETSY SHIPPING LABEL.. I HAVE PHONED REQUESTING HELP BUT IT IS STILL SLOW.. I have tried two different computers with two different ip addresses using 2 different internet providers and the issue is on both so it isn't my computer or internet provider. PLEASE HELP

TheCrookedTavern
Inspiration Seeker

Re: ETSY WEBSITE IS VERY SLOW IMPOSSIBLE TO SHIP ORDERS

I've been using Pirateship for a while for all international orders (instead of Etsy's terrible global postal shipping nightmare), but I might have to switch permanently for ALL orders. Etsy shipping has been GOD AWFUL for about a month, and today it takes forever to print anything. Etsy is turning into SUCH A GARBAGE FIRE. This website sucks balls, and if it wasn't for the built in marketplace I would have moved away completely already. Such a total sh*t show of a company.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

I've tried reinstalling, defragging hard drives, using a different HDD, two different PC's still the same issue persists, it only seems to be affecting the orders page, everything else site wise seems to be running normally, so definately a bug on there end

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

@GrandmaSeedsandGifts, I didn't know they don't have phone support, but when I made a mistake on a label and asked for a refund, they approved it in about 5 minutes.

0 Likes

I use Shippo and haven't had any issues.  I stopped using Etsy's shipping labels years ago.

0 Likes
TheCrookedTavern
Inspiration Seeker

Didn't Etsy just start charging us extra fees to make the website better for sellers? How is the website WORSE than ever before. Maybe they just lied to us and are instead lining the CEO's pockets. I've never had MORE problems with the website SINCE they started taking more of our money.

1 Like

I DO NOT THINK THEY EVEN HAVE A COMPETENT TECHNICAL TEAM. Must have let them go too! Do WE get a discount???? 

0 Likes

I think all sellers affected should be asking for discounts on fees. THe deal was and still is:

We pay them fees for a working site. IT OFTEN DOES NOT WORK!

0 Likes

Can not access orders right now so can not add tracking numbers! The rest of the Etsy website is working fine, just not orders

0 Likes
TheCrookedTavern
Inspiration Seeker

The weirdest part is, I have multiple stores, and shipping works fast and normal on 2 of my stores, and then slow and barely functional on my 3rd store. I don't know why that would be... Etsy's engineering team taking a nap on this I think.

1 Like

@TheCrookedTavern: Since Etsy migrated to the cloud, it is very possible that the experience you have is based on which server your shop is being served from. Perhaps different servers have different underlying code so not everyone sees the same issues.

0 Likes

I use Firefox on my laptop and Chrome on my tablet, both are infuriatingly slow!

2 Likes

It takes so long to even make notes on an order right now. i gave up and just printed everything to do handwritten notes because the lag is impossible to work with. 

1 Like

Yup, having this issue as well.  Phone app is fine but even trying to type a message to a customer on the site is impossible.  Text takes thirty seconds to show in the text box.  Tried it in Chrome and Edge.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.