ETSY WEBSITE IS VERY SLOW IMPOSSIBLE TO SHIP ORDERS

2/14/2023...  VERY LONG LAG TIME WHEN CLICKING THE GET SHIPPING LABELS BUTTON.... ALMOST 3 MINUTES PER ORDER JUST GETTING AN ETSY SHIPPING LABEL.. I HAVE PHONED REQUESTING HELP BUT IT IS STILL SLOW.. I have tried two different computers with two different ip addresses using 2 different internet providers and the issue is on both so it isn't my computer or internet provider. PLEASE HELP

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
37 Replies

Re: ETSY WEBSITE IS VERY SLOW IMPOSSIBLE TO SHIP ORDERS

WOW You can actually phone them? Shocking!  Etsy has had tons of technical issues this week. We should all demand discounts on our high fees.

No one takes into account the amount of hours and headaches they cause, since technical is slow to fix their own problems. 

4 Likes

I have also tried both internet explorer and google chrome...The issue still exists on both

0 Likes

Internet explorer is defunct - 

Can I still use Internet Explorer 11?

Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be accessible after February 14, 2023. We recommend you use Microsoft Edge for a faster, more secure and more modern web browsing experience. The same Internet Explorer 11 apps and sites you use today can open in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer mode.
2 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Try Pirate Ship, they will integrate with Etsy, there's no monthly fee, their label prices are about the same as Etsy AND they have great customer service. 

4 Likes

Do your have phone access to Pirate Ship? I was looking into it and their site says no phone access.

0 Likes

Have you tried all the other usual suggested fixes like clearing cache/cookies, rebooting system and /or router etc?

1 Like

I've tried just about everything and nothing is working.I just got off the phone with technical support and was told to go and purchase my labels from the postal service because they are having an issue and not sure when it will be resolved.

1 Like

This is an ETSY ISSUE.

1 Like
ScarvesByEllen
Conversation Maker

I have had the same issue for several days but found that reloading the page causes the shipping label to download promptly. This is on a desktop computer, though. Haven't tried on a phone or tablet.

3 Likes

Some people have been experiencing problems with the labels.

I have not and I have a cheap printer.   I use Edge and OS Windows 10. 

It can still be your system and printer.  With printers, the spooling can be full of old items so it might need to be emptied and rebooted.

0 Likes

IT is not a printer issue... it is an ETSY issue. 

0 Likes

It is excruciatingly slow today, yes.  It may be due to the Valentine's Day internet traffic. It will most likely get going again later today.

0 Likes

We've had the same issue. Shipping labels can't be printed, or slow to print. Also, typing messages to customers is so very slow.

0 Likes

@GrandmaSeedsandGifts You might have to get answers thru their website.  

0 Likes

Etsy,,, will you please respond to this issue...  Technical PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE......     what is going on... how are we supposed to process and ship orders when it takes almost 10 minutes per order to get anything shipped. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND QUITE INFURIATING...  the fees we are charged are through the roof and to have a website that is not functioning properly, can't get a response from anyone on etsy.  

0 Likes

I don't create shipping labels via Etsy but my entire order&shipping page is lagging. When I type on my keyboard 1 letter takes about 5 sec. to appear in the text box. Entering private notes underneath the message box same thing. I have reported this to Etsy twice via chat but it's not being resolved. It's very frustrating.

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

I'm not having any issues printing labels, maybe because I print one at a time or use Firefox, who knows .

The one thing I've noticed is a lot of the shops who are having issues have lots of sales. I wonder if it's some type of memory issue on Etsy's part . Like the shops need more "disk space " for lack of a better term.

0 Likes

ETSY.... PLEASE FIX THE WEBSITE..... 

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

This started about a week ago. Intermittent issues with the label button being greyed out or serious lagging. I didn't even bother trying yesterday and today. Just went right to Pirate Ship.

Works like a charm. Tracking updates better there too. I've used them for years for other channels/businesses and usually just did Etsy labels since it was easier to see who needed upgrades, what type of item is being shipped, etc. But this fiasco might just push me all the way to using only PS. I use my own account at FedEx because I get the same commercial rate that Etsy gets. Etsy charges retail on FedEx labels. 

Now if Pirate Ship would integrate with FedEx and allow the use of the commercial rates, that would be awesome.

and all the particulars...win10, chrome, thermal label...cleared cache, rebooted. problem still exists = Pirate Ship gets my money.
(plus you can use a credit card that has rewards there...I miss being able to have shopping sprees on Amazon just from the rewards I got from my Etsy fees)

-Maria

1 Like
DesertHippieShop
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same problem! No issue with my computer (yes multiple computers) still taking 5-7 minutes to load. 

1 Like
SayaBellStamps
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same issues. Everything is super slow to load (conversations, labels, even trying to highlight an order). Its only on Etsy so its definitely an issue with the site. 

0 Likes

Yes, there have been ongoing issue with Etsy labels for at least the past week.  I have not experienced any issues, but a lot of others have.

* Anyone using Internet Explorer - it was disabled as of yesterday - 2-14-23

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/microsoft-permanently-disables-internet-explorer/

1 Like
PipsyShop
Conversation Maker

Pirate ship is the best  

Plus when USPS does those random price adjustments (that in my case have always been super inaccurate), the appeal process is fast and simple on PS and I've 100% of the time gotten my money back

1 Like
PillarStyles
Inspiration Seeker

I just wanted to chime in that it was slow yesterday so assumed things would be back to normal.

Instead, it's much worse today and much slower making it almost impossible to respond to customer messages and I'm unable to purchase shipping labels.

Has anyone had success using a different browser or clearing cache/cookies help with the lagging?  I use Chrome so am wondering if Firefox or Edge would help.  Thanks in advance for any insight! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.