ETSY SAYS CUSTOMER DIDN'T RECEIVE ORDER..... NOT TRUE!

Jump to solution

My customer purchased a handbag from me and I responded quickly and shipped the next day. Now the customer wants me to find her another handbag. She had trouble messaging me so she clicked on ETSY HELP and that's where the problem started. Etsy says that the order # that has already been delivered on 10/23/22 is showing NOT DELIVERED. I've lost my Star Seller star and I'm still working with this buyer to find them an additional handbag.

Why can't we contact Etsy directly and explain things? This is outrageous! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: ETSY SAYS CUSTOMER DIDN'T RECEIVE ORDER..... NOT TRUE!

Jump to solution

OK. I think I understand your issue, but I had to read the OP several times. The Buyer did receive the first bag and contacted you through a "Help Request" asking if you had / could source a second bag?

Also, when looking at the first Order, Etsy Tracking is showing as "Not Delivered"?

So, your SSP rating has been affected?

I do not think the 2 are related.

The "Help Request" should not necessarily result in a case / refund unless the buyer escalates requesting a refund 48 hours after the "Help Request" was made. As you are working with the customer to source a second handbag, it is unlikely she will escalate the "Help Request".

The "Not Delivered" issue seems to be a "system" issue. The buyer obvoiusly received the first parcel, so have you checked that the Tracking Number is correct? Did you use Etsy Labels? Can you put the Tracking Number into "Aftership" to see if it shows as "delivered" on that database?

Although Etsy advises it is not possible for Support reps to manually adjust SSP data, Etsy has corrected stats when there has been ab obvious system/programming error. 

You can contact Etsy by Chat / Email / Callback, but you need to have a bit of patience looking for one or all of these options

Community and Help > Contact Us > Selling on Etsy > Choose a Topic and scroll to the bottom until you see a "I still need help" option. You should then see one or two or three of the contact options. These do come and go so, sometimes, it takes a bit of time to find one that is active.

View solution in original post

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @GraysideCottage,

We've double-checked your Star Seller, it appears that you've purchased a shipping label on the order of this buyer. It was also marked as delivered and the tracking events are showing properly. This is why you're still at 100% on your On-Time shipping. We also checked the conversation you had with this buyer and it seems that they've sent you a new message via Help Request but received a response after 24 hours. 

Messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. However, when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created. These types of message threads need to be responded to in 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@GraysideCottage It is obvious that you have a very happy customer who wants to purchase again from you. That, in itself, should be reward enough. You have made your point but what you think should happen and what actually does happen are two different things.  It has also been explained thar a "Help with Order" message is a new Thread. It is up to you to manage your own Shop and your Buyers according to Etsy's published guidelines. No amount of arguing to the contrary will change that fact.

2 Likes
13 Replies
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Did you have tracking? Was it entered into Etsy's system? 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

What does the tracking say?

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I'm totally confused about your post.  Why are you trying to find your buyer another handbag if you are sure the original one has been delivered?  

2 Likes
EtchedinTimeLLC
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I think the customer was happy with their bag and wanted another?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Because

she wanted to buy another bag from me. That means she would have purchased 2 bags total... which she finally did. 

@bradgoodell wrote:

I'm totally confused about your post.  Why are you trying to find your buyer another handbag if you are sure the original one has been delivered?  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OK. I think I understand your issue, but I had to read the OP several times. The Buyer did receive the first bag and contacted you through a "Help Request" asking if you had / could source a second bag?

Also, when looking at the first Order, Etsy Tracking is showing as "Not Delivered"?

So, your SSP rating has been affected?

I do not think the 2 are related.

The "Help Request" should not necessarily result in a case / refund unless the buyer escalates requesting a refund 48 hours after the "Help Request" was made. As you are working with the customer to source a second handbag, it is unlikely she will escalate the "Help Request".

The "Not Delivered" issue seems to be a "system" issue. The buyer obvoiusly received the first parcel, so have you checked that the Tracking Number is correct? Did you use Etsy Labels? Can you put the Tracking Number into "Aftership" to see if it shows as "delivered" on that database?

Although Etsy advises it is not possible for Support reps to manually adjust SSP data, Etsy has corrected stats when there has been ab obvious system/programming error. 

You can contact Etsy by Chat / Email / Callback, but you need to have a bit of patience looking for one or all of these options

Community and Help > Contact Us > Selling on Etsy > Choose a Topic and scroll to the bottom until you see a "I still need help" option. You should then see one or two or three of the contact options. These do come and go so, sometimes, it takes a bit of time to find one that is active.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

@GraysideCottage: You need to look at the appropriate CSV file to make sure which order(s) Etsy is considering shipped late and / or without tracking. Was the package scanned? If a package has never been scanned it appears that after some period of time it will revert to being considered as not shipped with tracking.

While Etsy will not adjust Star Seller data, at least one of the Etsy people who is in this forum has been able to correct shipment status in some cases and then the Star Seller data adjusts itself.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @GraysideCottage,

We've double-checked your Star Seller, it appears that you've purchased a shipping label on the order of this buyer. It was also marked as delivered and the tracking events are showing properly. This is why you're still at 100% on your On-Time shipping. We also checked the conversation you had with this buyer and it seems that they've sent you a new message via Help Request but received a response after 24 hours. 

Messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. However, when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created. These types of message threads need to be responded to in 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The conversations with this customer should not be considered "new threads" as her intent was never to ask Etsy to connect her with me. After doing the same thing twice, I informed her to not do that again. She stated in a message that all she wanted to do was order another handbag from me. If Etsy would check those msg. they will see that she didn't have a problem with me.. she just wasn't sure of herself in making a new order. There must have been about 18 msgs from her and we still haven't quite found the bag she wants. She didn't want to tell Etsy that I wasn't doing my job. Quite the contrary. I don't deserve to be knocked down in my msg response because of this mix(mess) up. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@GraysideCottage It is obvious that you have a very happy customer who wants to purchase again from you. That, in itself, should be reward enough. You have made your point but what you think should happen and what actually does happen are two different things.  It has also been explained thar a "Help with Order" message is a new Thread. It is up to you to manage your own Shop and your Buyers according to Etsy's published guidelines. No amount of arguing to the contrary will change that fact.

2 Likes
artbyinky
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@GraysideCottageDo you have the app on your phone? That way you can get instant notifications that come through and respond. You can also turn on an auto respond filter too.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had a total of 55 messages with this customer. She had trouble with the English language and she thought she had to contact Etsy to send me a msg. After the second time she did that, I explained to her Not To Do That Again! She was then happy to just use Messaging. She finally bought 2 handbags from me but it was like "pulling teeth" with conversations. My star seller message response rate went from 100% to 71% and now it's 67% and I am at the point now that I give up! Etsy wins and Kat loses. OK Fine

0 Likes
artbyinky
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@GraysideCottageim so sorry that happened to you, but honestly forget the stupid badge when you’ve made two sales and you have lovely reviews from customers. 

I know it feels unfair it really is imo, I don’t qualify for it as I don’t have enough consistent sales per month, but it hasn’t stopped people from buying from me or following my shop. 

Do you by any chance sell your items elsewhere like on another marketplace or your own website?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.