Duplicate listings showing up in shop

Hi there,

This past week I've had two separate listings show up twice in my shop. So two separate customers are purchasing the same piece. I look into the listing and it says the quantity is only one. The way I add pieces online, there is no way I would have added the same listing twice. It's very odd as I've never come across this before in all my years of being on here. Is it a glitch? I hate disappointing my customers by having to cancel the sale because the piece had already sold. Ugh!!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Duplicate listings showing up in shop

I just checked and some of my already sold orders are being automatically relisted back for sale in my shop. Guess I should contact Etsy. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes

I've had duplicate listings.

Sometimes when I'm creating listings, I notice that a listing is duplicated. I've wondered if it's something I'm doing, like hitting publish twice because it doesn't seem to publish the first time ... kind of a time delay type thing. But there are times when I think it's Etsy ... a time delay type thing on their end. When I notice, I deactivate the duplicate listing and use it for something else.

Once when I was using Vela to do bulk updates a whole bunch of listings were duplicated. Something to do with Vela I'm sure. Vela said no way, but Etsy support could see that the listings came from Vela.

And every now and then I've caught a duplicate listing. Could be me, listing something I've already listed. Could be I started a listing and saved as a draft and then created a new one later ... forgetting about the draft and then later published the draft.

I suspect it will be hard to pinpoint the cause, and even harder to get Etsy to fix. I recommend deactivating the duplicate and reusing it for something else.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for that info! I actually do use Vela and am wondering if that is the problem. I'm just chatting with Etsy now to see where the problem is coming from.

0 Likes

Hi! I’ve had many items duplicated in my Etsy shop as well. Did you get an answer or solution from Etsy?? 

0 Likes
softedgevintage
Inspiration Seeker

Its a nightmare. Older listings that have never sold suddenly multiplying for no apparent reason.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.