ChristineAtterby
Inspiration Seeker

Domestic and Global Pricing Issues??

Jump to solution

I'm in the UK, my sales are 50% UK & 50% USA so I use domestic and global pricing, because of the postage price difference.

49 of my 50 listings are fine, no issues.  1 listing (bestseller) keeps selling at the wrong price!!!! I've been using Domestic and Global pricing without issue till now since it was released.

For this item UK price £23.00 / USA Price £31.00.  However I keep getting USA sales at £23 - what is going on?!?!  I've checked the listing and saved and published changes multiple times UK price / USA price - everything's good and correct, save, in my listings page it shows both prices on the desktop, it all looks good.  BUT .... when I or the other half opens a new browser where no ones logged in, look up said item, change the delivery to USA, put in a USA postcode ... and Etsy is charging the UK price of £23.00.   Etsy is charging my USA customers the UK price?!?!

I've made a few sales at a loss because I didn't pick it up at first, and now I cant correct it. What's going on??? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Domestic and Global Pricing Issues??

Jump to solution

use the old listing format.

It's bugged in the new format.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
22 Replies

Jump to solution

use the old listing format.

It's bugged in the new format.

3 Likes
ChristineAtterby
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Not had an issue editing listings till now, guess the rollout of the new version is buggy!!

Thanks for the fix   

2 Likes
DanielHAtelierRO
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, I asked for help on live chat and nothing. Who's going to pay for the diference?

3 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I've been having issues with this since June. At first it was just one listing here or there and it was the 'everywhere' price showing in the domestic price column, and they blamed me and said I was changing the prices.<insert eye roll here> 

Now it is 20+ listings where the higher 'domestic price' (which needs to include the HST) is showing in the 'everywhere else' column and some listings the 'everywhere else' pricing is not even the domestic price, they're just random prices. I just happened to notice when a customer placed an order and I saw the price on one wasn't correct then went through my listings. Some of these listings are older and haven't been touched for months.

Etsy advised not to change anything yet because it is a technical bug that the engineers are working on, so I have to have incorrect pricing til they get around to fixing it. 

So check your listings and if you notice an issue get in touch with support!

1 Like

Jump to solution

You don't have to have incorrect pricing. edit the listings and use the old listing format.

It will fix it for your listings so you are being paid correctly, and etsy can fail to fix their new listing format whenever they like.

0 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CappuccinoLace When I fixed a listing the last time a few weeks ago and reported it again, they said because I fixed it there was no problem they could see. lol I'm fine to change it, as I've done every time I've seen the issue but then to keep having the same issue over and over again....

I do not use the new listing form nor the app to work on listings. I only use my laptop and as soon as I open the listing form, I switch to the old version. 

1 Like
IrisAndLolli
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have just had this same problem - global pricing is set to £10 more but the order is global & I'm in the UK but it has sold for the UK price!!  When previous posters have mentioned to use the old listing, how do I do this?  This could be a huge problem for me as I offer free delivery!!! Thank you in advance

1 Like

Jump to solution

But what do you usually do if you receive such a message?

when you open a listing, at the top should be a "switch to old listing format" button.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

What a pain this is, I had two international orders today where buyer paid £79, but were set up to be £86 as they're overseas.

How can you 'switch' to the old listing format? Do you mean create a totally new listing with old format?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

when you open a listing, there should be the option to switch to the old listing format at the top.

0 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Whether using the old or new format, the Etsy technical team replied to my email and said there was an issue with the pricing tool.

Whether using the old or new listing format wasn't a factor for me because it was affecting my listings that were not changed or bought or updated in months and never altered in either format, they just showed as the price being different in the overall listing section for my shop.

They did advise that I make the changes back to the proper pricing in the old listing format but that wasn't the reason for the issue.

The more people that can report the issue to Etsy, the hope is that it will be rectified faster.

0 Likes
SLNDesignCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I don't have the option to turn on the domestic and global pricing. The toggle isn't there for me even after switching to the old version 

0 Likes
SLNDesignCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Could it be something in my settings?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The listings that ship from the US won't have the domestic/global option. Because the US doesn't have the option.

The 2 listings that ship from the UK should.

If they don't it could be because its a syncs POD listing and the POD doesn't support 2 prices.

0 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SLNDesignCo It could be because you haven't indicated where you are located in your shop. I clicked on one of your listings and it says you ship from the UK. If you're located in the UK, you need to have a list of things in your shop like policies, accepting returns in 30 days, etc. So perhaps once your shop is updated, you'll see the available options, but I am not sure 100% if that is the reason.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Had two sales to US charged at UK rate (I offer free postage). Listings have been created using phone and Web- no seller app and a mixture of old and new versions of the listing tool. After being fobbed off twice by Etsy Support chat I have been sent an Email by the technical team.  It seems they are looking into it and at some unknown point in the future they may sort it out. It seems like it has already been a problem for some months (looking at the dates on the forum threads). As far as I am concerned, my Items have been undersold and not by me. This needs to be sorted out and as a matter of priority. If this happens to you, report it and don't settle for being fobbed off!

0 Likes
TaxiderMaeCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Did you have this problem sorted for you? I have had the same, I am at a loss and selling a best seller at a loss. They have asked me not to change my listing until I am contacted by the technical department. I need to get paid these sales!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I haven't had any feedback yet to say that the issue is resolved. In my listings page under sold, it clearly shows that there is a set price difference between global and domestic sales yet when you open the listing and scroll down to the prices set it shows domestic and global as being the same. There is no way to change this without re listing the item. I ended up taking 2 screenshots of the sold listing showing this and sending it to them. It can't be argued with. Without discussing emails between Etsy and myself (as it says all correspondence is confidential) I have had enough of a resolution from Etsy for the 3 items that were sold at the wrong price. Hopefully it doesn't happen again...

0 Likes
DriftwoodBeachCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I've had exactly the same issue on my best selling product too!

6 times this has happened now and each time I've requested Etsy credit the difference. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DriftwoodBeachCo 

Don't give up. While the bug is still not fixed, there is a recent report from a seller who was able to get a refund for the overcharges.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/International-Buyers-Paying-Domestic-Prices/m-p/14485...

"SUCCESS!!!  After months (since June 2023) of getting no where via email, I tried the phone option.  Took over an hour, but I received credit for the fees on those "glitch" transactions.  Agent said it still has not been resolved.  Make sure you have all the order #s ready with each type of fee and the amount, that you want credited."

0 Likes
WULYDERMY
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

On going problem for  me have lost up to £1000 chat tell me someone will be in touch but no response and chat not responding today 

0 Likes
3DPropsGB
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have just had my first sale and have just had someone from Canada buy one my listings for the UK price. I have a £25 offset set on my pricing to cover the cost of shipping overseas vs the UK cost of shipping.

The Online support chat said the following:

Thank you for waiting. Upon reviewing the issue, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their investigation so they have more information to work with.”

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.