PawPets
Crafty Poster

Direct message - SPAM

Jump to solution

I received a spam direct message that I received in my Etsy inbox. I cannot mark mark in spam because there is not option to do this. When I opened a new shop tab, the message was not officially there. There was an option to report it as inappropriate, which I did. How can I delete this without it going against my star seller status?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Re: Direct message - SPAM

Jump to solution

I would contact Etsy, and see what they tell you to do.  Will the message let you reply to it?  If so, I would reply to the sender that you are reporting as spam.  If not...you would need to wait for Etsy.  My emails to them usually get a 1 day turn around.

View solution in original post

1 Like
3 Replies
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I would contact Etsy, and see what they tell you to do.  Will the message let you reply to it?  If so, I would reply to the sender that you are reporting as spam.  If not...you would need to wait for Etsy.  My emails to them usually get a 1 day turn around.

1 Like
PawPets
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Thank you, Jewels2at

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PawPets 

Just to clarify.....was the message here in the Community site with the forums or over on etsy main site? They are called Direct Messages here on the Community site and there is no mark as spam option here. They are just called Messages over on the main etsy site and there should be a mark as spam option on desktop/laptop (not on the sellers app). Direct Messages received here on the Community site do not count toward star seller bits, just the messages you receive over on etsy main site count for star seller calculations.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.