FilesByKXDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Digital Item listing was deactivated and I have not violated any policies

Jump to solution

My listing for a digital item was flagged and deactivated even before I can list it. They sent me an email saying I violated prohibited items policy. I made a super bowl worksheet packet without using any official logo's, images and what not. And now after a week of hard work, no one will be able to buy it.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Digital Item listing was deactivated and I have not violated any policies

Jump to solution

Did you use any team / player names or NFL / Superbowl in the tags? That would do it, if so.

Editing to add: I saw your second response after I posted mine. The "superbowl" tags probably did it - anything NFL related is trademarked. The countless other listings you see aren't allowed here either, Etsy just hasn't pulled those yet.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

@FilesByKXDesigns 

NO.

You can't use the TRADEMARK anywhere.

You are trying to profit commercially from someone else's intellectual property.

The only way you could to it is to get a legal license with the NFL.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
11 Replies
FilesByKXDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This is the title of the listing: Super Bowl Activity Packet, Worksheet Bundle, Printable fun for all ages, Super Bowl Party, Classroom Football fun. I am seeing thousands listing their tangible and digital products with those words and i clicked on there listings and they had sales. They even used the names of the themes in their pictures. I have not. I don't even have a lombardi trophy depicted! Is this the issue? I am so discouraged, I feel like I should move on to a different platform to sell instead. I am a Star Seller for my tangible items shop, so this is really throwing me for a loop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Did you use any team / player names or NFL / Superbowl in the tags? That would do it, if so.

Editing to add: I saw your second response after I posted mine. The "superbowl" tags probably did it - anything NFL related is trademarked. The countless other listings you see aren't allowed here either, Etsy just hasn't pulled those yet.

1 Like

Jump to solution
2 Likes
FilesByKXDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Wow! This is insightful. I thought using the word super bowl on this platform would be acceptable provided no images, team names etc would be used.

0 Likes
FilesByKXDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes I did. I removed them and changed it to "football". How are people supposed to find this super bowl specific activity bundle without me using the word super bowl? Can I use the word Super Bowl in the description? And in the title? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FilesByKXDesigns 

NO.

You can't use the TRADEMARK anywhere.

You are trying to profit commercially from someone else's intellectual property.

The only way you could to it is to get a legal license with the NFL.

3 Likes
FilesByKXDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, I posted that before I saw your previous comment and link. 

Do you know if it's worth updating this listing and hope that it gets reactivated? Or must I make a new listing. What baffles me is why customer service couldn't come out and say don't use "super bowl" instead of telling me to review this and that policy. And when I wanted to ask another question, I was ghosted. The person left the chat almost two hours ago.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"What baffles me is why customer service couldn't come out and say don't use "super bowl" instead of telling me to review this and that policy."

That would be giving a cheat sheet to rule breakers on how to avoid their illegal listings from being pulled. They want you to read ALL of the rules and adhere to them.  Chat won't answer any questions related to a pulled listing, either.

Start over with a brand new listing sanitized of ANY problematic verbiage. Relisting a pulled listing can get your shop permanently shuttered.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Support doesn't respond when they believe all the answers are already spelled out for you when you read the TOU's. They're not here to hold our hands, they're here to enforce the policies. Telling you that you are breaking a rule and to review the policies is as much as they are required to do. 

1 Like
FilesByKXDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@PlatypusDream Yes, I certainly did read all of the policies. I just didn't know that the term "Super Bowl" was trademarked. I thought staying clear of football player names, team names and images etc. would have sufficed. Granted, you're right, answering specifically what I did wrong can open up a can of worms with those who intend to scheme. But I thank you so much for providing those links and teaching something new. 

I did not plan to relist it, I simply was asking if they do it on their end if I make those changes. Because I would not put the effort in changing anything if I know it's pointless. I am totally fine with starting over.

@audreytherese I did not expect anyone to hold my hands. I am new at the digital aspect of sales and I was simply looking for some guidance as I couldn't figure out exactly which "prohibited item policy" I was violating. They key info that I was missing was that Super Bowl is trademarked. So I appreciate when people are kind and allow others who are new like me to make their mistakes and not make them feel bad about it. 

@AutumnHollowStudio Yes, I will tell myself that those others will eventually be flagged as well because I am a rule follower. I pride myself for not using IP, only creating my own stuff or obtaining commercial licenses when necessary. Being careful and focused is how I obtained Star Seller for my other Etsy shop. So I just want to fix this and move on. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Can we call it Taylor Bowl?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.