Did Etsy do away with their Contact Us Form? A hacker is stealing my funds and I cannot contact Etsy

Jump to solution

I haven't been getting my payments and my account says there is a temporary hold on funds. No explanation. So I tried to send them an email via their Contact Us form. It wouldn't give me that option. The only option was Chat and we all know Chat has no authority to do anything with finances.

After telling the chat bot my problem FOUR times, it finally transferred me to a chat person. She said it was because I had changed my bank account (I DID NOT), so there is a five day hold when you change your banking information and more than $3200 will be released in the morning. 

I told her my account must have been hacked. That I had not changed it.

Eventually, she told me to go change my banking information again, which would trigger another five day hold, but I had to know the full account number on file to do it, and I don't because I am not the one that entered someone else's account number, so I couldn't update it. I told the Chat person that and she just hung up on me! So apparently, in the morning some hacker will get my money. Some Support!

Is there an Etsy admin who can send this up the chain for me?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thatregina
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Did Etsy do away with their Contact Us Form? A hacker is stealing my funds and I cannot contact

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to see this, Raven. I've escalated this to the appropriate team for you, and you'll hear back directly via email very soon. Thank you all for chiming in with advice and support! As this can only be resolved directly, I'll close up this thread now. Best wishes to you! 

View solution in original post

3 Likes
7 Replies
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Re: Did Etsy do away with their Contact Us Form? A hacker is stealing my funds and I cannot contact

Jump to solution

As you can’t change the bank account number can you try changing the payout schedule instead? I don’t think that requires the current bank details to be entered, and if you can switch it to monthly payouts that should give some extra time in which you hopefully get a response from Etsy support.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@MyOrganisedHome

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Will go do it now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

also change the date for your card on file so that it expires today or tomorrow. They won't transfer funds if the card on file is out of date.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Doesn't that have to be verified by the bank?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MyOrganisedHome @CryzalisDesigns  Thanks for these practical hints! I hope never to have this issue but I’ve made a note what I can do to minimize the damage in case it happens. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AAANativeArts 

set your payment schedule to monthly

set your credit card expiry date to the soonest you can

make sure your e-mail address is correct

go to where you set up 2fa, and set it up

scroll further down, there are logins of people who have logged into your account, log anyone else out

then log an e-mail ticket with etsy, and keep replying every day, that you still need it sorted,

It can take about 2 weeks - from my experience of etsy thinking I was hacked, when I had caught them at the pass, before they even did anything.

5 Likes
thatregina
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to see this, Raven. I've escalated this to the appropriate team for you, and you'll hear back directly via email very soon. Thank you all for chiming in with advice and support! As this can only be resolved directly, I'll close up this thread now. Best wishes to you! 

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.