When I go to my shop and look at my listings, my descriptions are all missing!!!  I write detailed descriptions of my journals and they aren't showing up.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Re: Descriptions Missing in Listings

So, this change is a permanent one?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Dear fellow sellers, please go to this website: www.ecommercebytes.com and complain there. There is at least one negative article about Etsy and this current fiasco about them hiding our item descriptions. I think airing our well justified gripes in the forums is turning into a huge waste of time (other than to just get it off your chest).

3 Likes

My Item details are missing again and down ot the bottom of page - why cant they leave things alone - 

4 Likes

Seems Etsy has hidden our descriptions of items AGAIN!!!   It took me a while to find it this time.  I sure hope shoppers don't mind looking around the page to try to find it, too. Absolutely ridiculous that they keep hiding descriptions.  WHY would they do this????

3 Likes

I absolutely can't believe that someone thought it was a good idea to hide descriptions from customers! I know common sense ain't common, but come on! The FIRST thing a customer should be able to see is the DESCRIPTION! This is not rocket science. I'm not only a seller, I'm a buyer and guess what? If I have to look all over the place for a description that MIGHT be there, I'm not buying the product. Period!

5 Likes
4hala
Inspiration Seeker

Gosh, how stupid...   Not being able to learn anything about a product but Be sure the cart button is readily available.  

Ate there any adults in the room?

4 Likes

Someone mentioned a test last year that was months and months ago and when I go to shop now I notice no descriptions just reviews.

1 Like

So awful -- I literally spent 5 minutes searching around on a product I wanted to buy because I couldn't find the shipping price or details. Shocker -- it's also buried!! 

2 Likes
bobsiDi
Crafty Poster

No wonder I am not getting sales. Item details not where they should be. Hope this is just one of their other horrible tests!!! Already had an inquiry from a buyer who didn't even know my location country. What's the point in adding descriptions if they have to search and search. 

2 Likes

Frustrating. It's confusing, but I think it is getting closer to correct. I like that the product description is directly under the photo(s). I don't like that it is hidden in a drop down. I don't like that the shipping is also hidden in a drop down below the hidden product description. Why can't the shipping cost be visible below the product price on the right? That would make it easier for customers to add in their heads the price plus shipping to get a total. Personally, I think the reviews take up way too much room. I don't know how other people shop, but I aways read the description, price, shipping cost and then if I like what I have read I will read the reviews before I make the decision to purchase. 

3 Likes
heavyistheheart
Conversation Maker

shake my head...again

1 Like

Gee, I might be wrong, but isn't that how every (other) shopping site on the interweb is laid out???.....Photos, description, price, shipping, and then if you want to, scroll down to the reviews.

1 Like
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

This is an older thread (from August thru December). There are two new ones from yesterday and today on the same thing.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/They-re-hiding-descriptions-again/m-p/144778639#M16...

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.