Description not showing

Descriptions of the items not showing !!!!

since yesterday????!!!!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Description not showing

Just testing, the test format just shows for people in the test group, everyone else sees your shop in the normal format. 

0 Likes
JeniferJRenzel
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having this problem too.

0 Likes

Check on your left side under reviews. There is a test going on right now that is placing descriptions there.

0 Likes

Its been removed from the right hand side and shifted beneath the reviews.  It has also been minimized.  For reasons best known to Etsy. If everyone is very lucky they will conclude that they had it right the first time and shift it back under the photos above the reviews where it was to begin with. *sighs*

2 Likes

I still see them where they normally are, nothing has changed for me and anyone else not in the test. 

0 Likes
decotini
Crafty Poster

Also, when you hover at the top of the page, a menu pops down, and "Item Description" is one of the choices.

0 Likes

I think the new location for the item description is in the wrong location and needs to go back to the original spot.

Why do people think they have to constantly change the layout.  Leave it alone. I had to come to this forum to find it because Etsy didn't return my call and I was looking for it in the usual spot. ugh

5 Likes

Please check out this website: www.ecommercebytes.com and try to air your well justified gripes there. There is at least one negative article about Etsy hiding our item descriptions. Everybody complaining here in the forums may be a big waste of time. 

3 Likes
C20Ceramics
Conversation Maker

There are multiple threads going about this issue, and people are wrong by saying "only people in the test group can see this" - if your store is effected in the test, then everyone can see it. 

2 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Description location depends on how you are viewing your shop listings ... signed in, signed out, incognito mode.  Give it a try and see the variations.

0 Likes

Hate it!

0 Likes

It's making me nuts! Both from a buyer and seller perspective. Unrelated, Etsy placed my shop in vacation mode on Sept 3 without notifying me but there was nothing out of date in my seller profile, auto-billing credit card, I had no outstanding invoices, etc. Happily it's back online now, but never got an explanation or apology. They are messing with stuff on the backend and really screwing up.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.