4HisGlorystore
Inspiration Seeker

Description format

How do I post my description without everything running together?  I post shirt material, care , sizing etc  but with paragraph spacing in between, but, when I preview it, everything is together.  The only way I've rectified it is by typing a line ________ in between.   But I have to be careful with that because it sometimes shows up as running off of the page, literally which is weird.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
7 Replies

Re: Description format

Are you on the App or on the website? Both have different functionalities.

I find things much, much easier on my laptop!  Too many glitches on the App.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/26330089019

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/22601932782

2 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Etsy style coding for listing descriptions doesn’t space between paragraphs. (It’s a CSS issue. Literally, one short line of code would fix it.) I hit enter twice to force the blank line between paragraphs.

2 Likes
ZenCatPottery
Conversation Maker

@4HisGlorystore  I’m on an iPad and your descriptions look great to me - very clear and informative.

0 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

Are you looking at the listing preview page? . . . it does not display correctly.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

5 Likes

I am also having same issues in the "new" listing form preview. I am new to Etsy and am getting ready to open my shop. Does anyone know if this is just a preview issue or does the spacing problem also occur once it is published live? I don't want to list with the "new" form if my bullet point description is going to be all smushed together.  There is no spacing issue in the "old" form preview for me... BUT my pictures seem clearer when viewed in the "new" listing form preview. So I'm in a position to choose between clearer pictures or better formatted description depending on which listing form I use. Does anyone know if these are just preview issues, or is there an actual difference in how your listing will look live depending on if you use the "new" form  or the "old" listing form?

1 Like
Merch4Healthcare
Inspiration Seeker

I was having the same issue, but I took FancyTogs advice and published it and on the market place, it's formatted correctly, even though the preview display wasn't formatted or spaced correctly.

2 Likes

Yes, I did the same and the formatting issues resolved, thankfully. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.