Deposits withheld while bank account verified, but nowhere to verify!

Has anyone else bee stung by this?  I was away last week and returned to find that I had two unpaid fee charges in my business account because Etsy hadn’t transferred many deposits as usual.  It turns out they wanted to verify my bank account (which is the same account they have had for years).  I went through the process and verified the details and was told that a small deposit would go into my account and that once it was received I could enter the amount in Etsy and the process would be complete.  Well I received it today (now 5 days without deposits) and went back to enter the amount, but there is nowhere to enter it!   Called Etsy and they said they will send me a verification link in another 3-4 business days!  In the meantime it’s the easter hols with the kids off and I have no access to funds.   Etsy say there is nothing they can do.  Anyone else experiencing this? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Deposits withheld while bank account verified, but nowhere to verify!

@MaebelleAndBo - I don't know who you called but it was not Etsy. They have no phone number to call - if you called anyone it was a scammer. You need to contact Etsy from your dashboard.

0 Likes

I got a call back from them - it was Etsy 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@MaebelleAndBo  I was just going by what you post when you said you called Etsy.

0 Likes

Let me know if you find a solution because I can't find where to to enter the deposit information either! So frustrating!

0 Likes

Hey - no - several days in now and nothing.  I have been charged over £50 in bank charges now for missed payments because they are holding my deposits.  i keep speaking to Etsy and getting nowhere - they just say i have to wait 

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@MaebelleAndBo  You do mean you requested a "call back" from Etsy and that you didn't call a number you got off of Google?

0 Likes

Yes that is what I mean.   It’s really not the issue I am raising - the issue is that Etsy is withholding deposits while it forces sellers to ‘verify’ existing bank accounts, and that the process takes a long time and causes financial hardship for sellers. 

0 Likes

For clarity - I used the call back mechanism 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.