Got a question? A customer purchased from me. He mentioned when purchased that the wrong address was on his account. So I said "I would change it" BUT in the meantime I had many other orders to do so when I finally got to his order which was a week or so later I sent it out to the address in his account. Long story short it got delivered to his OLD address which is still in the same city of Chicago. But now he's asking for a REFUND because I sent it to wrong address. I asked him to go to old address and see if it's there. I also mentioned that ultimately the customer has the responsibility to change their address in Etsy if they move not the vendor. So would I be responsible to give refund because I didn't ultimately change his address? What if he goes to old address and they give him his order but then he still says he didn't get it to get a refund anyway? What case does he have against me, if any, for a refund? Please help, thanks.

swatchoclock
Conversation Maker

Re: Delivered to wrong address!

I used to accommodate customers with this request provided that it was a low value order but recently I am cancelling and requesting them to reorder with the new address explaining that I lose all seller protection if I ship to another address. The risk is that they do not reorder or I p*ss them off but so be it, I am not taking the risk nor the responsibility anymore.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

That's a good question... considering that Etsy looks at messages when reviewing a Case... and you didn't do what you told the customer you would do... and considering Etsy's primary objective is to keep buyers happy so they shop here more... I'd bet etsy will quickly resolve the case in the buyer's favor and refund them out of your account. 

*so...... if re-making and reshipping the order is comparable to the cash loss, your shop would be better served by not having a Case decided against it

What case does he have against me, if any, for a refund? 

0 Likes
DamronDecor
Inspiration Seeker

For this situation, unfortunately it's on you since you said you'd change their address. Future advice: I add a private note that looks likes this *****CHANGE ADDRESS TO 123 ORDER ST ETSY, OHIO 12345 ***** but if my shop is too busy to even see or remember that, I simply process a cancelation and refund and ask them to reorder with the address they want their order shipped to. You have a couple options.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.