MonkeysOnTheRoof
Inspiration Seeker

Deactivated by Etsy listings

Help! Has anyone had a listing "deactivated by Etsy" right after listing? Then maybe a day later it ends up in your shop. I looked under Etsy's policy regarding violation issues and it says if your item is in violation, they would send an email and refund your listing fee. None of these have happened for me. They just sit in the "inactive" listings in my shop. Without knowing what the problem is, I don't know how to go forward. I've stopped listing new items, because I am not getting a refund and this could add up quickly. It's every item I list. I can't be sure if it is a policy violation or just a technical issue. Opening a help ticket is unsuccessful. You just get a standard form reply with no answers really. If it is a policy violation, I wouldn't even know how to fix it. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Deactivated by Etsy listings

@MonkeysOnTheRoof: Often the first response you get from customer support is an automated reply meant to weed out the people who contact support over common issues that can be easily solved.

Every eMail from Etsy support will have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

0 Likes
MonkeysOnTheRoof
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for the advise...however, strangely enough, my Etsy support email gave no option to keep the ticket open, mine said, "

Etsy Support cannot reactivate your listing(s) or provide more information about the removed listing.

We’d be glad to help you with other matters though. If we can help you with a different question, please create a new support request."

So basically, they can't provide any details and won't field any further questions. 

0 Likes

If it's deactivated immediately upon listing, it's likely due to a word prohibited, such as (but not limited to) cuba, ivory, persian, amber etc.

0 Likes
MonkeysOnTheRoof
Inspiration Seeker

Where would I find the list of words that could be potentially prohibited?

1 Like
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Many sellers have asked the same thing. Some words are known, such as amber and ivory, for two common examples, others are speculative, such as kids, and the rest seem to be trial and error…at $0.20 per try. This reminds me of carnival games where you try to knock down the bottles.

2 Likes

I can't believe Etsy will no longer help. A few months ago, I had a listing deactivated and I contacted Etsy. They looked at it and said they had no idea why it was deactivated and told me to relist it. I had no further problems with the listing. 

If we knew what the picture was of, we might be more helpful. If it was of some famous person, place or thing (say a Ford truck) they might have felt it was some sort of copyright infringement. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.