Customer unable to complete order

We have had a customer in the last couple weeks reach out to us to let us know they were unable to complete an order through ETSY. Has anyone received that kind of message from potential customers in the last couple of weeks? I do know it is not a scam.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Re: Customer unable to complete order

None have reached out, but I have received three Etsy cancelled orders in the last few weeks, as the payment never cleared, maybe the same has happened to your buyer? Have they tried a different card or bank transfer, Paypal etc?

0 Likes

How do you know this is not a scam? Do you know the person personally? If they genuinely cannot complete an order, and you do ship to their location, perhaps it is a problem with their c/card. Etsy handles all that part so the only thing they can do is ask them to contact Etsy directly. It might also be a restriction their bank has put on their account. Sellers don't get told the details of any payment problems so that's the best you can do.

2 Likes

It could be a scam, it sounds like the start of a well known one.

However scam or not there is nothing you can do for the potential customer yourself. This is because Etsy will not discuss the customers payment issues with you.

All you can do is to refer them to Etsy support to sort.

Also dont be tempted to take the purchase of Etsy. This really is the start of the scam and you will have your money and or product stolen. 

3 Likes

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

This may be an attempt to get you to go off platform to complete a shady deal with a scammer, or it may be a perfectly innocent inquiry. I recently had someone reach out to say they were having trouble making a purchase, and asking for help. I apologized, told them I could do nothing, as it is Etsy that handles payments. They told me that they understood, and would try to find another option for paying. In fact, they did find a work around that did not include me going off platform to help them. (They just got their roommate to make the purchase for them.)  

However you choose to handle it, I hope it works out.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.