ASQRDGRAPHICS
Inspiration Seeker

Customer says they can’t download

I have a customer who has asked for a refund due to not being able to download their files.

In the orders screen it shows they have downloaded the pdf that provides them with link to a google drive.

To further make sure it wasn’t an issue with the pdf I gave the customer a direct link to the drive.

They replied back and said they still can’t download and it may be a file size issue, for clarity the biggest size of all the files is 60mb. This also has not previously been an issue for this product and it is my current top sold and viewed product.

So this customer has asked for a refund. How do you think I should proceed, due to the fact that customer now has had enough access to time to actually download all the files but claim to not be able too.

How do I protect myself against this? Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Customer says they can’t download

Ask them if they are trying to do it on a phone or they have tried to do so on a computer. Usually when that happens they can't find it on their phone. 

0 Likes

Downloads don't work via the app if that is what they are trying...unless they changed something 

0 Likes

No, I think that it will never be possible to download via the app, because both Apple and Google take 30% of any purchases made via apps from their stores.  Obviously neither Etsy nor us sellers want to cover this 30% overhead to GiantTech.  

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Re-think your delivery method. Sounds like the buyer can't download from the Google Drive.

In the meantime, you should refund. If you are simply selling digital versions of other artists' works, you may have future issues that are more important than this buyer's download problem.

You also have this statement: "Upon purchase, you'll receive high-resolution digital files ready for printing in your preferred size" which is not true, apparently.

2 Likes

OP, put the file in a Zip Drive and email it to the buyer's email. You have the email in the buyer's order information. Then put a sentence in each listing that downloads require a computer browser and may not be received via the Etsy Buyer app. If you aren't willing to make it easier for your buyers to receive the product, then refund. Take the advice of DesertChains.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.