Customer Message

Jump to solution

I always answer Customer Messages virtually immediately, this time however Etsy's reminder ref "First Time reaching out" did not disappear from the message, although already answered. I do not wish to be marked down for a late message response as this seems to be a technical issue. Has anybody experienced the same problem lately?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer Message

Jump to solution

The "first time reaching out" goes away after about 48 hours

if you reply in time, it does not count against you, even though the messages stays for a couple of days

View solution in original post

5 Likes
12 Replies

Jump to solution

The "first time reaching out" goes away after about 48 hours

if you reply in time, it does not count against you, even though the messages stays for a couple of days

5 Likes
HallelujahTree
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

They seem to be tinkering with this daily.  Yesterday a new message showed 'from buyer account' in blue, no mention of it being 'first time reaching out' until you clicked on it.  Today it's been changed to 'first message from a potential buyer' (even though answered yesterday).  All seems a bit back to front!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ClassicLauraAshley: This has been reported quite a few times recently and appears to be nothing more that a display / user interface issue. If you are concerned about Star Seller make sure to check the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page daily.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OP, the blue message stays there even after you answer promptly. It will disappear at some point. When I received the first one the other day, I immediately sent a return message, and an Etsy banner popped up, "Thank you for replying quickly," or some similar wording. Sometimes, Etsy is so intrusive.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

same thing happened to me yesterday ... and @CraftyCornishMaids provided the same information.

I agree that the stuck blue message box is confusing ... but at least in this case there is a work-around ... time and patience.

1 Like

Jump to solution

In a browser along with the blue banner it says "This banner will stay up for a few days to help remind you that this message is from another user, not Etsy." That part of the message is not seen in the app, in the app it just gives the first part, "A potential buyer is reaching out for the first time. Reply to their initial message within 24 hours to show them top-notch service". Just FYI, for anyone that hasn't seen that part of the message and why it is staying blue for a couple days, even after you respond.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That’s so annoying, I’ve had five messages overnight, I’ve answered them all first thing this morning and three are still showing the blue banner but two of them aren’t. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Why does it stay blue after I respond? The only differentiation between unread messages and replied to messages was the blue notification, now they all have blue notifications i've missed an unread message and replied late for the first time in a year. Would be great if they could go back to the old system which literally had nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have so many "New Request" and "First time messaging" blue notifications under the messages I get sent, that I HAVE replied to, it makes it difficult to figure out who has been replied to and as such i've missed my first one in over a year. If they could go back to the system they had before that literally had nothing wrong with it, that would be great.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just jumping on, not the same problem, but everyone make sure you check your spam folders regularly.  I've just happened to look at my spam folder and there's a message that's gone straight in there from 5 days ago from a lady asking for an order. I obviously haven't seen this, I've just messaged her and apologised but she's probably gone elsewhere now and that would have been almost a £50 order. So annoyed!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yep, same freakibg thing! And it made us miss out on potentially a $4,000 or more dollar order and potentially more because it was a builder! They are having problems with their messaging system and our message are not being delivered to people properly and people's messages are not always being delivered to us properly but Etsy failed to let everyone know this so yes people have been missing messages in spam and all of us have been losing business! Not cool at all. I have reached out to Etsy help and talks to two different people about this and they say that it's been a problem and they've got their tech people on it but this is been almost 2 weeks now and it still happening- all they had to do was send a message out to all buyers and sellers to let us know they were having a problem but to be sure to check our spam messages and that could have solved a lot of issues to start

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.