Customer Message received 2 days late

Jump to solution

I’ve been a 5 star seller, with a perfect score.  I received a message yesterday, but the date said it was sent 2 DAYS prior.  

This message was not in my inbox.  Also numbers of orders and messages are more often not showing on my page - I have to go to messages and to Orders to see if there are any.  There are always orders.  

And just to be extra pissy, I missed one message (that I did not miss) and went from 100% to 86% - What?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer Message received 2 days late

Jump to solution

@NoPullPiercingDisc: Are you using an app? If yes, this issue may be related to how and when the Etsy Apps synchronize or don't - that is why it sometimes works to log out and then log back in or delete and reinstall the app. These actions appear to force the app to get fresh data. The consensus is that shop owners need to check their messages and orders via a browser until these issues are resolved.

"... went from 100% to 86% ..." It all depends on how many new threads you received during the period. 19 answered new threads and 1 unanswered (or answered late) new thread puts you at 95%. (19 answered new threads / 20 new threads received = .95).

View solution in original post

1 Like
7 Replies

Jump to solution

@NoPullPiercingDisc: Are you using an app? If yes, this issue may be related to how and when the Etsy Apps synchronize or don't - that is why it sometimes works to log out and then log back in or delete and reinstall the app. These actions appear to force the app to get fresh data. The consensus is that shop owners need to check their messages and orders via a browser until these issues are resolved.

"... went from 100% to 86% ..." It all depends on how many new threads you received during the period. 19 answered new threads and 1 unanswered (or answered late) new thread puts you at 95%. (19 answered new threads / 20 new threads received = .95).

1 Like

Jump to solution

Oddly, in the many years I've had Etsy email issues, both apps have always been reliable for me!

* knock wood!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@NoPullPiercingDisc  When you say "received in your inbox" - do you mean your email, or when you actually checked your Etsy, there was no message when there should have been one showing?

Because in the past few days, I've had 8 sales, and made 2 purchases on Etsy - and only received ONE email.

You know our Customers are missing some of theirs too.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I've had the same thing. 5 stars. Never had message issues enough to lose my Star Seller status. Now, happening in BOTH shops. A lot.

No messages in any app (no one app can do everything? But each can do different things??) or in my browser. TWO DAYS later the message pops up. It was not related to an order. But, it looks like I lost what would have been a very good order!! 

I'm thinking of making an auto reply - that people usually don't like - letting people know I'll reply as soon as I actually get the message, but a glitch in Etsy may delay that.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yup. Same here. The app is wonky and screwed me over too in just the same way.

‘also my deposit didn’t complete today.

fun mercury retrograde. Good times

0 Likes
showertreatsoap
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It's not just me then.  I'm not receiving email notifications when I have a sale.  Today the Etsy app notified me of a sale that happened yesterday!  It's irritating. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Glad I'm not the only one! I thought I was going round the twist. About 3-4 times now I have received 'new' messages that say they were sent 2-3 days ago. Yesterday I checked my messages as I'm not getting any notifications so have to keep a regular check, and there was no new message notifications or new messages. I checked again this morning and there was 1 new notification, and 1 new message, but the message was sent 3 days ago. Why are the messages dropping in the inbox so late after they were sent by the customer? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.