Customer Can't Post Review Their Review

I have a customer that is really happy with their items and they want to post a review but there's a limitation on what date they can post it.  This is an issue.  For my customers, when they recieve their purchases they are excited and happy and want to post a review THEN, not on a later date.  No matter how satisfied a customer is most people won't put it in their reminders to post a review on Etsy 6 days from receiving purchases - that's just the honest truth.  So if people aren't as inclined to leave a review how am I supposed to grow and make more sales? REVIEWS ARE EVERYTHING.  Please fix this.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Customer Can't Post Review Their Review

I received a tracked order yesterday, and can't leave a review for another week. I order from this shop all the time, I've always been able to leave feedback after delivery in the past. Etsy is diddling around with the review window, for whatever reason.  I guess the pop-ups and constant reminders weren't working.

0 Likes

If there is a date there, the customer needs to wait til the date. If your customer was a guest customer, they will not be able to leave a review.

0 Likes

Thank you. I want to accept this as a solution but I feel very strongly that Etsy needs to change this policy.  I understand the guest thing completely though.

0 Likes

It was only recently that the review window was opening up before the item was delivered and many sellers complained that they were getting 1 star reviews that basically said ''I didn't receive it yet.''  

As for a buyer putting in a reminder to leave a review in 4, 5, 6 days, there's no need to do that. Once the window does open, they'll get a pop up every time they log in, along with a number on their ''Your Account'' avatar and the now-added section ''review your purchases'' in the dropdown.  And those pop ups and avatar #s do not go away until the buyer leaves a review.

0 Likes

The problem is it turns people off right after receiving something.  Maybe Etsy could be more considerate of the people trying to use their platform.  The fact is that their estimated shipping times are ridiculous.  I have something that was shipped on 2/15... Etsys estimated receiving date is in March... the items don't even weigh an oz and it's shipped from the US.  I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to reply!

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

This is definitely a major problem that is negatively affecting all Etsy members (sellers & buyers) ... I posted about it earlier this week @ https://community.etsy.com/t5/Providing-Great-Customer-Service/Feedback-Timing/td-p/141218375

1 Like

I see what the issue is... but that's not OK... estimated delivery times are usually way over.  Thank you for the link to your discussion.

0 Likes

I suppose more importantly, how are we supposed to address this issue with Etsy as sellers?

0 Likes

Did they make the purchase as a "guest"?  Guests can't leave a revew.

0 Likes

No, they're a regular user of Etsy.

0 Likes
ToyzStop
Inspiration Seeker

Glad I found this...same here. Had a customer receive their item Feb 13th but they can't leave a review until Feb 23rd! 10 freaking days later! Sure they are supposed to get a popup reminder when they log into Etsy but some buyers will buy one item on Etsy and not login again for months! This is a crappy system

0 Likes
ToyzStop
Inspiration Seeker

Also does anyone have ANY idea how to actually get ahold of Support? I click "Contact Support" and then "For Sellers". Then it just wraps me back around to "Contact Support" again in an infinite useless loop!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.