Contacting Etsy

Hello,  I have used two different browsers on two different computers, but whenever I click the "Contact Etsy Support" button at the bottom of the Etsy help page, a new tab opens up to that very same page.  I never get an option to contact Etsy support!

I want to contact them about the proliferation of items on Etsy that seem to encourage hate-speech.  I have reported the shops, but nothing has happened, and I'd like to discuss it with someone.  On the other hand, a few shops I have reported for selling brand new electronics and kitchenware have been closed, so I know that sometimes reporting does work, but these shops that are selling the questionable items are concerning.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Contacting Etsy

Etsy is inconsistent in removing items.  They will often remove items, but not the actual shop (unless they are brand new).

They will remove CERTAIN hate items, but not others.

What exactly were you complaining about?

To contact Etsy, try contacting them as a BUYER instead of a seller. They care more about what customers think than they do sellers (that, or the Help section is geared to give faster help / more attention to buyers).

I did contact them about the sheer amount of nude male genitalia on the website (both in search and in reviews) and they dealt with the sellers in question very, very quickly.

There is no "contact us" option in the Help Center about reporting. I chose something else simply to get through:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_leaving_a_review-contact_select

1 Like

I never been able to use chat,

The best to do is report the shops with the hate messages including information from a source that it is considered hate message.

Now if you did report very recently, the sheer number of reports they get may slow down a response. And they won't contact you about what they have done.

1 Like

This is simple, Etsy does not want to talk to sellers. If they didn't want to talk to sellers or buyer, for that matter, they would have a customer service division, with a live person answering the phone. 

1 Like

Try using their call back option, seems to work for sellers in the United States

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling&fbclid=IwAR3XJULkao3ZPR8XcOEf2A7143n87Xt...

1 Like

What type of hate speech? Who is the target of the hate speech? Which shops are you referring to?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.