stlvaleshop
Inspiration Seeker

Concerning Behavior: Seller Threats and False IP Reports

Jump to solution

Hello fellow Etsy sellers,

I'm reaching out today to address a concerning issue that some of us have encountered recently. It has come to my attention that there is a concurrent seller who has been causing distress within our community. This individual has filed DMCA and copyright reports against multiple listings, not only mine but also those of other sellers. Additionally, they have purchased one of my listings with the sole intention of leaving a negative review, which has had a detrimental impact on my business and could potentially affect others as well.

Furthermore, several sellers have reported receiving threats from this user. Despite our attempts to bring this to Etsy's attention, no action has been taken thus far.

I strongly believe that this behavior goes against Etsy's policies and creates an unsafe environment for all of us as sellers. It is crucial that we address this issue collectively as a community.

Is there any method or process in place to have such users banned from the platform to prevent further harm? Your insights, suggestions, and support on this matter would be immensely appreciated

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Re: Concerning Behavior: Seller Threats and False IP Reports

Jump to solution

This is very problematic. If it's happening to a lot of sellers then that could be because of etsy's size they are getting targeted like amazon has for years. Etsy won't get involved as it's essentially a legal problem. If you know you have the rights, say it's a false claim, and it's a copyright notice then you can file a counternotice. If that's done and they re-report then your only other option is speaking to lawyer. They can pursue legal action against the person initiating the attacks. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies

Jump to solution

Why are all the listings on your shop gone and nonexistent?

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

17 pages of sold items, all gone, may be the shop will soon be gone too?

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is very problematic. If it's happening to a lot of sellers then that could be because of etsy's size they are getting targeted like amazon has for years. Etsy won't get involved as it's essentially a legal problem. If you know you have the rights, say it's a false claim, and it's a copyright notice then you can file a counternotice. If that's done and they re-report then your only other option is speaking to lawyer. They can pursue legal action against the person initiating the attacks. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It is really disheartening how this happens. I've seen some comments that could have been delivered better, but... it is what it is. I do agree with getting legal assistance, especially when it comes to the point where you feel you're being bullied or harassed. Only one thing I can say is --> Karma is real! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Were the articles included in those business course bundles written by you?  Or are you just bundling other entrepreneurs' courses and reselling them?  Are you Ramit Sethi?

The 3D printing file listing mentions Marvel, Star Wars, movies, tv, etc.  That indicates you were infringing on several IP owners' creations.   Is the seller who's reporting yours and others' listings also infringing?

Are you sure the person having your listings taken down isn't the actual IP owner?

6 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I recommend you get professional legal help. If many other sellers are experiencing the same thing from the same claimant then you may be able to group together to hire a lawyer.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I would not get legal help if I was selling 20tb worth of trademarked STL files, there is only one way to get hold of that much data that I know off and it is hardly legal

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Looking at a version of your cached shop, I would suspect the IP infringement was real, not false

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Cuando se tiene una denuncia falsa sobre IP a qué email debo reportar mi caso a etsy, me han desactivado 5 listing por IP pero es falso yo tengo documentación que lo acredita

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BabyTatiSewingShop 

If it is DCMA, (copyright) you can issue a counternotice

https://www.etsy.com/uk/legal/ip-dmca

If it's trademark, you have to sort it out with the people who took it down, not Etsy

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BabyTatiSewingShop: Just as an aside, if you are shipping to the United States, you should include in your listing that the items which are intended for babies and children have been tested and meet federal safety standards of The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). Other countries you ship to may have different legal requirements for testing and certification.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.