Computer power issues

LOL..just a heads up to always check. My computer suddenly crashed and I thought OMG did the power go out? and was investigating that..nope..checked the cords..nope. Then realized my fat little pooch was under my desk..pulled her and her pillow perch out. Yep plump pooch patootie had sat on the power strip off switch!  Troubleshooting 101..check the power strip first!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Computer power issues

I have cats so have seen this happen when someone plays with the power strip. Thankfully, my power strip is in full view so I can easily check to make sure it's still active. 

I occasionally have a problem because my computer has a long battery life. I've occasionally gotten a "you are down to 10% battery power - you might want to charge your battery" notice when I've unknowingly been running on battery power because the power strip is off. 

2 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Always good to check. Reminds me of the first time in tiny camper. Towards evening carbon monoxide detector went off. Then again a little later. Finally realized the dog was laying in front of it and passing wind. 

8 Likes

LOL OMG!

0 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

Bahahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh.

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

You win the Internet!

0 Likes

Aw! Your furry baby thought that you needed a little break. She's just watching out for your mental health!

4 Likes

Lol..the way her selfish little mind works, more likely "She needs to be scritchin my ears now!" *Bootie drop*. She can be a bully when it comes to scratching or treats. She'll bark until you cave.

2 Likes

@hopeandjoystudios Haha! Yup, my little guy will insist that I stop working to play with him. But he sure does help my stress levels. Give your pooch a little scratch on the ears for me! 

2 Likes
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

In my other house, my cat loved to go behind my desk. Nothing there of interest, but he would trip the power strip EVERY TIME. Why? Nothing interesting there. I tried blocking it with pillows, but he still got to it. First day it was funny, mildly amusing the second day ... but every day! Not so much. What could I do, he is my store partner. Fortunately moving to this house he doesn't have an interest anymore. Now the power outages are just my sister blow drying her hair upstairs in this 120 year old house! 

0 Likes

I put my power strip in a back corner on top of my desk, surrounded by things to prevent the cats from wanting to walk back there.  My desk is cluttered enough that usually they don't want to walk anywhere on it, and I keep it that way for that reason.  I still have to deal with them wanting to walk on the front edge of the desk where the keyboard is, however, and sometimes find settings changed because they stepped on the wrong keys.

0 Likes

Yes, how do kitty cats know exactly which keys to step on? Thankfully emails and other things I do are automatically saved as drafts! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.