Cha Ching Not Working for 2 days Now!

Jump to solution

Cha Ching stopped working yesterday and is still not working! I just now "discovered" that I have orders. Please help as I really depend on the notifications on my iPhone for my orders. It helps me in so many ways!

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cha Ching Not Working for 2 days Now!

Jump to solution

@FunByJannieMac 

The new app is awful with notifications in my experience. Like so awful that I get notified of maybe half the orders I receive via the new app. The old app has no issue and I receive every notification on the old one. The new one is simply unreliable so may be best to have both installed until they fix all the broken bits of the new useless app.

View solution in original post

4 Likes
26 Replies
MaynardMillinery
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Mine will suddenly start working again after a couple of days if it decides to stop. 

If it really bothers you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for replying I already did try re-installing the app... powered down my phone, checked all the boxes on the app... didn't help! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Do you use the old app or new app? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I use the new app

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I use both apps, also check my email everyday.

Unfortunately, i got 0 sale :)))

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Did you turn on the do not disturb mode by accident?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Y'all are just the BEST! Thanks but no, DND is not turned on... I depend on the Cha Ching because of supply issues that are going on with my dinosaurs. I have multiple listings that use the same dino only dressed differently and if I get a batch of orders, back to back I need to stay abreast of my inventory... Thanks again for another check point as I do forget to check sometimes

2 Likes

Jump to solution

You’re welcome:)

I’ve turned that on before by accident. The only other idea I have is to download the old app as well and see if the notifications come through from that one. I use both apps, but only get notifications from the new one. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@FunByJannieMac: A quick search would show lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their shop for orders and messages at least daily via a browser until these issues are resolved.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I did find I was having this issue the other day so I unchecked the boxes and saved then went back in few seconds later and checked them back on and it seemed to fix the issue. I am using the old app. I also have email setup to notify me of any transactions so it's probably a good idea to have that on for now.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree I always have email notifications setup to notify me of a sale 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thiat's all well and good but the email notifications don't come in for hours after the transactions!

1 Like
normasbath
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

What is a Cha Ching? Lol

1 Like
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Hi Norma, they are talking about the sound a sale makes on your phone. 

Etsy selling sound cha - Ching - Etsy Order notification Sound - You have a new order Etsy - YouTube

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I too haven't been getting notifications. When I looked at the settings on the app it stated the setting changes were blocked. I have no idea what that is all about. Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It did seem to fix the blocked setting changes situation,  now I just need to have my phone around if I get a sale to see if it's working again.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@FunByJannieMac 

Are you not getting the notifications at all or are you just not getting the cha-ching sound?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm not getting any notifications and it's wreaking havoc with the way I am accustomed to running my shop!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@FunByJannieMac 

The new app is awful with notifications in my experience. Like so awful that I get notified of maybe half the orders I receive via the new app. The old app has no issue and I receive every notification on the old one. The new one is simply unreliable so may be best to have both installed until they fix all the broken bits of the new useless app.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I just unistalled all of them and re-installed including the old app... we will see if I get any notifications now

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Sometimes if there is a new update, the app doesn't reset correctly right away.  You may need to shut it down and restart it.

On another note, it is not a good idea to rely solely on the phone app to manage your orders.  Its great for keeping up with things when you are on the go, (and its fun to see the looks on people's faces when the cha-ching goes off in a shopping centre or the doctor's office, lol) but when you are at home, using a PC or laptop is far more reliable for managing your shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hear what you're saying but I don't have time to constantly check my laptop for orders, messages, etc. I rely heavily on notifications much like we all rely on text messages... it's just the way I manage my time and it allows me to get back to customers really quickly on ALL fronts! I don't rely solely on the phone app to manage my orders and/or my shop... but I work really long hours every day and time management is a major priority for me The phone app allows me to super manage my time in creating and filling orders!

1 Like

Jump to solution

PS... I just have to say this will no ill feeling intended... I hope you have a sense of humor??? 

Says she... who has a digital download shop and has no mercy on how long it takes me to hand paint dinosaurs with 3-4 coats of paint each... dress them in tutus... handmade... and don them with birthday hats, and/or all other festive dress... It's a creative nightmare, I tell you! 

No wonder you directed me to my PC or my laptop since you are at yours creating MORE digital downloads! Ha! 

Funny girl

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

No offence taken, but I am a bit confused.  If your 2nd reply to my post was referring to me, I am not sure why you think I have a digital download shop.  I sell mostly printed, personalised labels, with a handful of designs listed as DIY printing, meaning I personalise the file to the buyer and make a pdf they can print at their local instant print outlet.  These are NOT digital downloads because the personalised file is sent to the buyer after purchase, there is no instant download.  The only digital downloads I offer are a few decorative alphabets I created myself.  That hardly qualifies me as a digital download shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've also noticed on my desktop and on my phone that the notification number is staying gray when I get new orders, it no longer turns orange.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.