Shopping on Etsy - I keep getting the cart pop-up, in search and listing pages.

Annoying under any circumstances - but particularly so when I have no items in cart, the item is not in my "saved for later", nor have I ever faved or carted it, as far as I can see from the thumbnail.  I can dismiss with an X, but it keeps coming back - the same item, whatever it is.  Pink jewel and silver something - may be jewelry or furniture/drawer knobs.  I can't even see what it is to click on, to remove in case it really is in my cart.  Doesn't appear to be something I would fave or cart.  Clicking just takes me to my empty cart.

Just an annoyance to me, as a shopper.  Wondering how many other shoppers will experience this.  If it's another ploy by Etsy, it's a really bad idea.

Honk if you LOVE pop-ups, anywhere!

* This is on laptop using Chrome

Re: Cart pop up

Same.

NEVER had the item in my cart.

I may have had it in my favs at one time.

It's unreal how they try to do one thing and mess up 24 others in the process.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

By all means, Etsy, let’s harass the remaining buyers we do have so that they get disgusted, leave and never return. With all of these “fixes” it’s no wonder GMS have taken a nosedive. But sure….let’s continue fiddling, what could it hurt, right? (Rolling my eyes). If it ain’t broken, let’s break it.

11 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

yep, and even though it might be coincidence, I have had the absolute lowest views/visits yesterday and so far today that I have had in literally months! Can't help wondering if this annoyance is causing people to leave!!!

2 Likes

Well, looks like a feature, and not a bug!

This evening, I am seeing a NEW pop-up - to share an item page with friends to get their opinions!  I'll paste the exact wording when I see it again.

1 Like

And now that I'm looking for the new one, I'm only getting the erroneous cart pop-up mentioned in my OP - on EVERY LISTING I look at.

Way to p!ss off shoppers, Etsy!

4 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

They don't want to know what I "shared with a friend" last week when she asked about opening a shop.....

5 Likes

I have this annoying cart pop up with MY OWN ITEM in the cart! It is not possible to put your own items in a cart yet I keep getting a reminder pop up. The item is not in the cart - as i have absolutely nothing in my cart. Make it stop!!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.