Cart Glitch

Is anyone else experiencing a cart glitch? I recently put enough stuff in my cart at once to have 34 items in the active part of the cart. When I go to try and save items for later, each time the page refreshes to show no items. It was showing 3 items, but I saved those for later, so now it shows nothing and I have to click into the cart again to get everything back. Taking a long time to clear it and I’m just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if it’s just me. I’m using an iPad and the website, not the app. Also, I know the prevailing theory is that Etsy doesn’t know or care what’s going on in the forums, but I’m hoping posting about it will have it get back to them and they’ll maybe get around to fixing it sometime. LOL!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Cart Glitch

That's interesting, and I hope someone jumps in.  I'm an odd sort of Buyer:) I never use the Cart or Save for Later. I buy it right then.

1 Like

@ChillwolfArt I tend to buy like that on many things, but for things like patterns I tend to seize up and drag my feet forever. Probably because I’m afraid I’ll never get to using it. Then I have to clean the cart out once in a while, give it a good hose down, and let it air dry before using again, LOL. Or maybe I just spend too much time online shopping around… *goes pale*

1 Like

I think after 30 days with items in carts, Etsy empties them.

0 Likes

Sadly, my cart has also been doing this sometimes for years. I use my shopping cart to comparison shop for fabric and will accrue dozens in the cart that I then want to whittle down. Deleting items takes forever because deleting one thing bounces me out to an empty cart page, and i have to go to the upper right, click the shopping cart again, to get back to the remaining list. Aaaaaaaaa!

1 Like

@PoppyDove Interesting. My cart never did this before, but this is the time I’ve ever had this many items at once. Maybe it’s a glitch caused by an abundance of items in the cart?

0 Likes

yes, it doesn't always happen to me and it has seems related to having an abundance of items in the cart. Maybe 20 or 30+ items wasn't originally tested in the code, and so it's a bug, but editig the code now would unravel a bunch of other things (which I think is sometimes the case with software code). I've figured that Etsy's aware of it but either can't fix it or can't prioritize it, for whatever reason! 

0 Likes

So once I managed to get the cart down to 8 items, it stopped having the issue. Each time I saved something for later, that item appeared at the top of the saved for later, so I wonder if that’s what causes the glitch. Either that, or it’s not a glitch, Etsy just wants you to see that item up close and personal again so you can see what a horrible mistake you’re making not buying it, LOL. Although, the cart wouldn’t display 34 items at once either, so I’m pretty sure just like everything else, it’s full of bugs. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.