Cannot share Star Seller on social media.

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I think I'm having a senior moment! I am trying to share star seller status on social media but I cannot work out how. I am sure that I have previously shared via the email from Etsy which does say share on social media but when I click on the link for the custom image and suggested post I see sales promotions, newest listings, reviews and favourites. Is it yet another glitch or am I doing something daft? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot share Star Seller on social media.

Jump to solution

It was late for Jan, and completely missing for Feb and I think March, so perhaps it's also missing for April.

I don't think it's you, I think it's etsy.

View solution in original post

1 Like
4 Replies

Jump to solution

It was late for Jan, and completely missing for Feb and I think March, so perhaps it's also missing for April.

I don't think it's you, I think it's etsy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Etsy hasn't released the ability to share.  It may not happen or may be late. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Etsy sent out the email to "share it far and wide" but the link goes to a page that has no star seller badge to share.  This lapse has been happening, which is pretty short sighted.  Etsy gets a lot of free marketing by encouraging sellers to post the badge in their social media feeds, but of course sellers can only post it if it exists. Maybe they are quadruple checking the spelling of April. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Interesting that Etsy is encouraging sellers to share the SSP to their socials but the rules are actually saying you're not allowed to...

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/star-seller-terms-and-conditions/1020908425032

Star Seller Badge

Any use of the Star Seller badge not specifically allowed by these Terms is not permitted and any such misuse may lead to revocation of the badge. When you’re awarded a Star Seller badge, you’re getting a limited license to use it solely in accordance with these Terms, which means you are not allowed to use or display your Star Seller badge other than where it is displayed by Etsy directly.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.