Cannot reach Etsy

i cannot reach you on my my Etsy shop/ account, or on'X' ... my account has been suspended ( n9 idea why) and i have received an email and message asking me to verify my email. When I attempt this it says I cannot send a message. I am furious .. always abided by Etsy rules and have bought many many things on Etsy and cannot now contact you. I need some answers

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Re: Cannot reach Etsy

Your shop is active. I think that you have been targeted by a scammer. Do not supply any information through messages or email - check your messages on a desktop computer to see if it is really from Etsy!

0 Likes

I see your shop too. Please be careful as there is a scam that is rife suggesting your shop needs verifying. If it came through Etsy messages it is likely a scam. Etsy has a separaye folder 'from Etsy'

0 Likes

This is a SCAM! As noted your shop is open. There is no need to "verify" anything. This is a common scam. They ask for your email, and then you magically get an email (so you are off-etsy) that asks you to provide financial information and then they drain your bank account or charge your credit card. Targets have reported this hundreds of times here in the forums.

The reason you can't message the scammer is that etsy already deleted their account FOR YOUR PROTECTION.

All REAL messages from etsy will be in the "from etsy" section of your inbox. If they really need ID or financial info from you, it will be on your dashboard.

Please read the forum for "scam" and familiarize yourself. Never take any communication off etsy or provide financial information except through your dashboard. Anything else is a SCAM

0 Likes

Etsy has blocked your reply, because you are trying to give a scammer your information.

You should not be furious, you should be relieved etsy blocked them, before you fell for their scam.

2 Likes

@CalmlyCreatedByFran: "When I attempt this it says I cannot send a message." What error message are you getting?

If the message is something like "User Name is Invalid" usually that means that the account has been closed (either by the user or by Etsy). Just in case, you should make sure to mark the message as SPAM (at last report you cannot do that using the seller app only a browser, even your mobile browser, or the buyer app).

From your description of the issue, you are the target of a scam / phishing attempt.

Were the messages in the "From Etsy" section on your Messages page when checking messages using a browser? If not, they are a SCAM. Have you read https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899 ?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.