EDACASA
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy

I recieved a message from etsy saying that my order processing on my account has been suspended and I need to enter my card details and it will be deleted after verification done. Can I trust this 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Etsy

Your shop is not suspended.  Was this message in the ''from Etsy'' section of your messages?  If not, it's a scam.

Solved: How to Spot a Scam - No a Buyer Doesn't Need Your ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Protect Your Account From Scammers - Welcome to the Etsy Community

2 Likes
EDACASA
Inspiration Seeker

It's etsy support.

That's the name of the messenger 

0 Likes

No, it is a scam. Put it in the spam folder. Do not click on any links or give them information. Your shop is not suspended and you do not have any sales. All sales will appear in your account and on your dashboard. Continue to be wary. They target new shops relentlessly.

3 Likes

If you look through the forums you will see many threads about this. Most of them are about the same set up. 
Etsy needs your email address. Why would Etsy need your email address when you know they already have it?   
Once they have your email address they go through the email to say they need to verify your bank account and credit card. Why would Etsy go off their site to talk to an Etsy seller about their Etsy shop and ask about your banking information?  
Sometimes they ask how much you have in your bank account. I can’t think of any reason Etsy would need that information. 
Sometimes they want to verify your account so they ask you to send them money, I have read they have asked for $250 and more. It doesn’t work that way. Etsy would send you money and it’s more like a dime at most. 
Anything that happens through email is between you and them, Etsy has nothing to do with it once it goes off of Etsy’s site. 

0 Likes

do not give your e-mail out

do not click on links

Messages from etsy are also in the "From Etsy" folder, if it's not there, it's not From Etsy

mark it as spam

your shop is not suspended

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.