Cannot Ship to the Isle of Man

I did a search for this subject before posting, and notice the same question being asked in 2017 with no answer.

I had a message today asking why I did not post to the Isle of Man from the UK, I said "I thought I did" looking at my delivery profile I notice Isle of Man is not treated as part of the UK so have to set up its own profile. When I try to do this the domestic option is not allowed as its been used for the UK. So I set up an international profile with free postage.. But when it comes to buying postage the Parcel type, and sizes cannot be filled in nor are they available anywhere else to be filled in on the profile. So I can purchase from Royal Mail directly, however when I did this last time, I lose a star rating mark as not being dispatched on time, even though I had, but etsy have no record of this obviously. The workaround this is to purchase Tracked Mail, and put the tracking number in and charge an extra £2 to people on the Isle of Man, which is free to everyone else in the UK, its like charging an extra two pounds for anyone living in Manchester  - Just does not pay off delivering to the Isle of Man.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
6 Replies
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

Re: Cannot Ship to the Isle of Man

I had an order from Isle of Man few months ago, bought Etsy shipping label (domestic) without any problems.

0 Likes
TinTeddy
Community Maker

"I notice Isle of Man is not treated as part of the UK"

The Isle of Man actually isn't in the UK.

2 Likes
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

I just checked my order from Isle of Man, postcode IM1, it says United Kingdom and I bought shipping label from Etsy as domestic one.

1 Like

The Isle of Man is NOT part of the UK

The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown Dependency - as are Jersey and Guernsey in the Channel Islands - with its own parliament, government and laws.

You also need a CN22/3 if you send there

0 Likes

Royal Mail treat Isle of Man as domestic.

Etsy treat it as an individual country.

I lose a star rating mark as not being dispatched on time, even though I had, but etsy have no record of this obviously.

For star seller, orders over £10 require tracking or an etsy label. If you buy from RM you need to buy tracked.

But when it comes to buying postage the Parcel type, and sizes cannot be filled in nor are they available anywhere else to be filled in on the profile.

You don't fill in sizes in the shipping profile. You simply do that when buying a label. There are no presets for RM Etsy labels. and as mentioned in your other thread, no calculated shipping in the UK.

1 Like

According to RM, prices for sending to the Channel Isles and IOM are the same as for sending within the UK. "This includes: Next day (sic) delivery for 1st Class mail, 2nd class mail, Signed For® 1st Class, Signed For® 2nd Class". However some special delivery services are not available. 

When sending from the UK a customs form is needed for the Channel Isles but not IOM

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.